EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS: Homeless Robin Hood........sort of

3 posters

Go down

NEWS: Homeless Robin Hood........sort of Empty NEWS: Homeless Robin Hood........sort of

Post by LordRemington Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:58 pm

A homeless Tampa man who robbed a bank and made his getaway on a public bus decided he'd spread the wealth with some of the passengers, police said.

Elmer McGuirt, 27, was arrested Thursday after pulling off the Robin Hood-like heist, according to tampabay.com.

Police say McGuirt walked into a Wachovia branch around 4:30 p.m. and handed a teller a note demanding money, then walked out with an undisclosed amount of cash.

Having no car to make his getaway with, McGuirt hopped on a public transit bus, where he began handing out some of his loot to passengers while keeping some for himself.

But the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office contacted the bus driver, who pretended to have a mechanical failure in order to stop the bus.

When the bus pulled over, McGuirt and the other passengers got off, and waiting deputies arrested the homeless holdup artist.

McGuirt was charged with robbery and booked into jail. Police said they were able to get some of the money back from passengers.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42827678/ns/us_news-weird_news/

I'm curious as to know why he decided to start sharing the wealth around. Maybe he felt generous that day or felt he should give to the.... less fortunate? Intriguing

And he was homeless before the robbery. Now he is going to jail. At least he'll have a roof over his head and food to eat, so is this karma's way of rewarding him or punishing him
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Homeless Robin Hood........sort of Empty Re: NEWS: Homeless Robin Hood........sort of

Post by Red-Indigo Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:18 pm

Its quite funny in a way, because he obviously thought he had nothing else to loose, then suring the get away, realised he probably wouldn't get away with it so decided to share.

Either way, he hasnt got to worry about food for a little while now.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Homeless Robin Hood........sort of Empty Re: NEWS: Homeless Robin Hood........sort of

Post by Arkanay Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:39 pm

LordRemington wrote:Police said they were able to get some of the money back

Lol.

I think if I ever wound up homeless, I would join the army. Food, housing, toilet - But of course there is a lot of hard work, but I think it would be worth it in that case. The pay's quite decent too, at least over here.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down