EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS: Ubisoft launches their own Film Studio

5 posters

Go down

NEWS: Ubisoft launches their own Film Studio Empty NEWS: Ubisoft launches their own Film Studio

Post by Andeavor Sun May 08, 2011 7:17 pm

NEWS: Ubisoft launches their own Film Studio UMP

French video game publisher Ubisoft is launching Ubisoft Motion Pictures to adapt its game franchises into films and TV skeins.

Ubisoft's Paris-based film division is headed by Jean-Julien Baronnet, former CEO of Luc Besson's EuropaCorp. Gallic producer Didier Lupfer ("Gainsbourg") is in charge of production and development, while Jean de Rivieres, former topper of distribution at Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures France, handles marketing and international sales.

Some of Ubisoft's hot proprieties include "Assassin's Creed" and "Splinter Cell." Ubisoft's "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time" was brought to the big screen by Jerry Bruckheimer, with Jake Gyllenhaal in the lead. The 2010 pic grossed about $335 million worldwide.

The publisher started expanding its reach in 2007, when it launched Ubisoft Digital Arts, a computer animation studio, which created "Avatar's" ground-breaking 3D video game. A year later, it acquired Montreal-based visual effects house Hybride Technologies.
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118036232

On one hand, I'm glad to se a video company taking over to make things right, but now I fear we're getting bombarded with film versions of every successful game they created. Although, it's a little too late for Assassin's Creed. But who knows, maybe they'll finally make the Myst movie possible.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Ubisoft launches their own Film Studio Empty Re: NEWS: Ubisoft launches their own Film Studio

Post by LordRemington Sun May 08, 2011 7:29 pm

I hope they don't just start making movie after movie based on video games. It would eventually get annoying in the same way that they make a video game for every big movie.

It will be interesting to see what they end up doing though.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Ubisoft launches their own Film Studio Empty Re: NEWS: Ubisoft launches their own Film Studio

Post by Arkanay Sun May 08, 2011 8:31 pm

Hmm... If they end up doing a good job in passing games to movies, which many times doesn't happen, then excellent. We'll see what happens.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Mon May 09, 2011 12:26 am

LordRemington wrote:I hope they don't just start making movie after movie based on video games. It would eventually get annoying in the same way that they make a video game for every big movie.

lol, like this?

LOL SO BAD
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male
Spore Name : sjhorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Mon May 09, 2011 12:34 am

Whether it's Bollywood or Holly wood, you can't make a video game based movie without the help of the original development team.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon May 09, 2011 1:38 am

Lolol, such a great movie you linked there, horm. Laughing
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Mon May 09, 2011 1:43 am

Arkanay wrote:Lolol, such a great movie you linked there, horm. :lol:

lol right :D
I bet Spielberg is directing it lololol
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male
Spore Name : sjhorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Mon May 09, 2011 2:08 am

Well there are alot of game based films nowdays. Some of them suck as films and are obviously just to make more awareness of the game, others are decent attempts.

I think its interesting that a game development studio has made this move, I think it'll bring some variety to the film industry. Alot of games have very good and involved storylines, so maybe this will bring them to the big screen.

It could fail epicly or be fantastic though, I just hope its the latter!
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Mon May 09, 2011 9:43 pm

sjhorm wrote:
LordRemington wrote:I hope they don't just start making movie after movie based on video games. It would eventually get annoying in the same way that they make a video game for every big movie.

lol, like this?

LOL SO BAD

I'm confused. That appears to be the greatest movie of all time Razz
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down