EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS: Missing woman found alive after 40 years

3 posters

Go down

NEWS: Missing woman found alive after 40 years Empty NEWS: Missing woman found alive after 40 years

Post by LordRemington Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:58 am

A woman who walked away from her family four decades ago in Illinois, has been found in Jacksonville, Fla., authorities say.

Lula Cora Hood went missing in 1970; relatives say she left home one day and never returned, according to wqad.com. The woman was known suffer from mental health issues at the time.

"She just left one day, and we never heard another thing," Hood's daughter, Grace Kivisto told wsmv.com, an NBC affiliate in Florida.

Kivisto, who was 15 at the time of her mother's disappearance, was later adopted by relatives, who had no word about Hood until 1996. Police called that year to tell the family that human remains had been found in Galesburg, Fla.

"They said it was her," Krivisto told wqad.com. "But they couldn't do DNA at the time, because it wasn't that advanced yet."

Without any definitive evidence, the family buried the recovered remains and held a memorial service. "I just decided she was with God," Hood's niece, Bernadine Collis told wqad.com

But two years ago, the family sought DNA testing, in hopes that technological advances would establish once and for all any family connection to the woman they buried. In late June, they learned the remains were not Hood's, but of another female.

"So we were back to square one," Kivisto told wqad.com.

Investigators then re-opened the case, and using the Internet, were able to find the missing woman in Florida in late June. Though the results of a DNA test won't be available for several months, officials are convinced they have the right woman this time.

"I had confidence we would find her," Sgt. Jason Landers of the Knox County Sheriff's Department told wsmv.com. "I didn't know whether I thought she would still be alive."

Hood's family is now hoping for a reunion. "I want to see her so bad," Collis said.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43659253/ns/us_news-life/

Man how awkward is that family reunion going to be. And what will the mother say when she sees her daughter again?

"Oh hey.... sorry for disappearing for 4 decades. I meant to call you, but you know, I was busy and...uhh... Unsure "
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Missing woman found alive after 40 years Empty Re: NEWS: Missing woman found alive after 40 years

Post by OneDeadSlime Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:38 am

Lol yeah.
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : warmslime / SporeMasterSlime

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Missing woman found alive after 40 years Empty Re: NEWS: Missing woman found alive after 40 years

Post by Vektrix Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:03 pm

I like awkward silences... I predict a very long one before someone actually says something, and I bet what is said is not very meaningful or philosophical.

It is however, nice that they have found her and at least some proper closure can be sought and attained. There can't be many things worse than thinking you have closure on something traumatic, only for it not be closed.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down