EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst Video Game Scenes/Missions/Levels/Cheats

2 posters

Go down

Worst Video Game Scenes/Missions/Levels/Cheats Empty Worst Video Game Scenes/Missions/Levels/Cheats

Post by Vektrix Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:45 am

Just like the Greatest, but for the worst. This includes times when you notice the AI blatantly cheating, poor production values or simply parts of a game you think is disproportionally hard/easy comapred to the rest of the game..

Formula 1 2010: Catalunya Circuit

I don't like this track, whether because of an AI issue, or it doesn't suit my style. However, every time I race on it I qualify poorly, and finish last or not at all - mainly due to being scared of spinning when on the racing line.

Civilization Series: Cheating Technology Tree

The games have always blatantly ignored prerequisites for technologies. I have encounter civs with advanced units, and yet when I try and trade tech, they seemingly have not got Mathematics yet. Mathematics is an early tech, and is crucial to advance beyond classical era.

Freelancer: Hovis Race

I have been to Freelancer forums, and it is pretty universally hated as a mission. You have to beat a fly boy in a race, the race itself is a total one-off for the entire game and none of what you learn from it is ever used again. Although you don't have to beat Hovis, you do have to stay very close before he gets annoyed and shoots at you, at which point... you are sure to win as long as you finish the course. Problem is that the course is ridiculously hard and all the engines in the game are exactly the same.

FIFA 2000: Goal Physics

Until 2000 I was a FIFA man in the FIFA v.s. Pro Evo debate, that was until the 2000 edition of the game where every time you scored a goal, the net would not react. A simple thing ruined it for me.

FIFA 2000: 1-step forward, 2-steps back

I tried this at all levels of the game, and no matter what I did, I had to pass to a player, run back towards my goal, then turn and pass forward again. Every time I did anything different, I lost the ball. In other footy games of this nature, this has never been an issue, even more recent FIFA games.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Worst Video Game Scenes/Missions/Levels/Cheats Empty Re: Worst Video Game Scenes/Missions/Levels/Cheats

Post by LordRemington Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:44 am

Missions/levels

Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance.
As you go through story mode, you must at some point get to a stage where you fight a creature called Moloc and man is he hard to beat. I remember nearly throwing my controller in frustration when trying to beat him. And the most annoying thing about it, is after that, the last two guys you beat are easy as hell, which makes no sense.

Fable 2

I'm sure more than a few will disagree, but I was severely disappointed by the end mission of the main quest line in Fable 2. Spoilerisation to prevent ruining it

Spoiler:

Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks

Not as well known as the other mortal kombat games (for good reason). I never actually finished it and I have no idea how close or far I was from the ending. Mainly because the stage I got up to was nearly impossible (in my view anyway).

You get to a stage where you have to fight Kintaro (goro's twin, brother? Not sure, but he looks the same as goro). Now he like Moloc in Deception, is really really hard. But with persistence I beat him and was lie "YES!!! awesome". But then, directly afterwards you must fight Shao Kan. And the best part is, you only have the life you had left over from fighting Kintaro, and considering how hard it is to beat Kintaro, normally you don't go into the fight with much HP.

And the worst part is if you lose, you don't go back to the stage where yo fight Shao Kan, you go back to the very beginning and must fight Kintaro again.

I remember bringing over my xbox to a friend's once and me, him and another friend literally tried all freaking night to get past that level. I actually managed to get Shao Kan down to a sliver of health. One blow would have killed him, but then nope. He does a super attack and kills me. I nearly punched the tv a that point and I never played that game again

LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down