EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS: Amy Winehouse Dead

+5
OneDeadSlime
LordRemington
Red-Indigo
Vektrix
Arkanay
9 posters

Go down

NEWS: Amy Winehouse Dead Empty NEWS: Amy Winehouse Dead

Post by Arkanay Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:21 am

It would appear to be that the artist Amy Winehouse has been found dead in her home in London.

It is suspected that a drug overdose is the reason of her death but nothing factual yet.

Here's one of the many articles: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/23/amy-winehouse-dead-singer_n_907753.html#s314557&title=Rehab

---

I'm not surprised. She lived a dangerous and reckless lifestyle, doing drugs after drugs, and now it seems she faced the inevitable.

Last edited by Arkanay on Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Amy Winehouse Dead Empty Re: NEWS: Amy Winehouse Dead

Post by Vektrix Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:27 am

I was considering posting this news, but decided against it since I did not like her at all.

It is however extremely sad about her death, I am just annoyed the Twitterverse is focusing on her age (27) as being the same as Kurt Cobain, Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison. I did however notice one Twitterer was not afraid to point out that she is not even in the same league as those three - I agree with him by the way.

Made even more strange by the fact that Comedy Central broadcast the Live at the Apollo episode (yesterday) where Patrick Kielty joked that between recording and broadcasting of the show that Amy Winehouse will have died Surprised

I find it really hard showing grief for those I had no time for in life, so I am sorry if I am coming across as heartless.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:33 am

You're not coming across as heartless, Vektrix.

I also am not a fan of her nor her work but decided to create the topic since she is known around the globe and, furthermore, believed that some interesting discussions/posts could appear.

I think some celebrities go way overboard and find themselves to be gods who cannot be touched by 'common problems'. Then they end up turning to drugs, since they're brainwashed by the fans, press, etc. that nothing can affect them, and then these things happen. Of course not all are like this but, unfortunately, many are.

I, for once, think the crazy fan-bases are extremely ridiculous. One thing is to appreciate an artist but to worship them blindlessly is something else.

I also believe the 27 year thing is pure coincidence and some people just like to come up with conspiracy theories. Shh
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:51 am

I found out about this when I got back from work and the first thing I said was, 'why am I not suprised.'

Although that sounds nasty, like many of you have said, she wasn't someone I appreciated and the lifestyle she had didn't really point to anything other than this.

Still, I feel sorry for her friends and family as losing someone is horrible, no mater what the circumstances are.

On the whole 27 thing, its just as Ark said, people love the mystery behind conspiracies.

Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:03 pm

As with everyone else am very unsurprised to hear this news. Its sad, but I'm not in the least bit surprised. Everyone, including herself knew this would happen eventually.

She even said herself a year or so ago that she knew she'd be dead in a year. The only surprising thing is how right she was.

I've been hearing about the 27 year old death conspiracy and its coincidence. It would be silly to say its anything other than that.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:33 pm

I find it really hard showing grief for those I had no time for in life, so I am sorry if I am coming across as heartless.

Nah, hardly. And truth be told, I didn't like her music at all.

There must be some significance at 27-28 (Heath Ledger died at 28), only when viewed at a career standpoint... if you know what I mean.

Also:
Brian Jones
Jimi Hendrix
Roger “Pigpen” McKernan
Richey Edwards
Age 27.
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : warmslime / SporeMasterSlime

Back to top Go down

Post by world_piece Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:43 pm

For me, the tragedy isn't so much that she died (I see it as a salvation) but rather she could not sober up no matter how hard she tried.

It is a waste for talented people to have substance abuse issues but these people don't just pick up the crack pipe one day and say 'Imma do sum crackzz'. They use it to null the pain that comes from other factors.

You have to go down that road to understand why others do it.
world_piece
world_piece
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Spore Name : world_piece

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:43 pm

She will always have a special place in my heart. I really like her music. Both her voice and look were unique and she had the talent and potential to make it a long-lasting career out of it but she had some crazy ideas about rehab and not showering, which made her all the more interesting.

I agree with WP that we can't judge her on the drug abuse or her trouble to stay away from drugs or alcohol for that matter, I just wish the media wouldn't have labeled her as a drunken crack whore (or an equivalent of that) or she may have had the strength to actually get the help needed.

Unfortunately, she was pushed into the wrong direction. Sad
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:29 am

This news did not surprise me at all, she hasn't been able to perform live for some time, her last gig was apparently shockingly bad, i wouldn't be surprised if it was suicide. Sad really she was a really troubled soul and was never able to escape her addictions Sad
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : bmpalmann/ Remyxomatosis

Back to top Go down

Post by Icedmask Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:15 am

It was really sad that she died without the honor she deserved. Her music and her voice was great, I think we should have judged her by that instead of everything else that was going on in her life...
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Icedmask

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down