EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS: Man does self operation with a butter knife.

+3
Vago
Arkanay
LordRemington
7 posters

Go down

NEWS: Man does self operation with a butter knife. Empty NEWS: Man does self operation with a butter knife.

Post by LordRemington Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:33 am

GLENDALE, Calif. — A 63-year-old California man was recovering in the hospital on Tuesday after trying to fix a hernia in his stomach with a six-inch butter knife, police said.

The man's wife called police to say her husband was sick and tired of waiting to get surgery for his rupture and decided to take matters into his own hands on Sunday evening, Glendale Police Sgt. Tom Lorenz told msnbc.com.

When officers arrived at the couple's apartment, they discovered the man, naked and sprawled out on a lawnchair, with a butter knife protruding from his abdomen, Lorenz said. The man was cooperative and even pulled out the knife when asked, he said.

"As an officer, we are told that no call will be the same and to always expect the worst — from the dumbest thing in the world to carnage," said Lorenz, adding. "This falls somewhere in between."

The man, whose name was not released, was admitted into the Los Angeles County USC Medical Center's psychiatric ward.

"Whether they have insurance or not is not a matter anymore, seeing that he is in the care of the county," Lorenz said. "Because of that, he will get the removal or repair of the hernia at taxpayers' expense."

Okay, now its quite obviously stupid to think you can perform a self surgery at home. If it were really that easy, why would surgeons go to medical school. But the bigger question is... why a butter knife? Why not, something just a tad sharper and less painful? He shouldn't have tried something that stupid to begin with but if you were going to do that, a butter knife isn't exactly the first thing you'd think of to use as a surgical tool.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Man does self operation with a butter knife. Empty Re: NEWS: Man does self operation with a butter knife.

Post by Arkanay Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:39 am

Sounds like one of the most recent House episodes.

Gladly for him, he was taken to proper medical care before bleeding to death or something of that nature.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Man does self operation with a butter knife. Empty Re: NEWS: Man does self operation with a butter knife.

Post by Vago Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:53 am

It sounds to me if anything he was trying to prove a point. The point being that they could have done it at any time because it sounds like they completed the operation after he had tried to do it himself.

I don't know why a butterknife though, probably just because he excepted he wouldn't be able to do it that way.
Vago
Vago
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Omnivex

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannoFan Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:39 am

A self operation with a butter knife?

I mean, you shouldn't do a self operation in the first place but if you do you shouldn't use a bloody butter knife (unintentional pun)!
TyrannoFan
TyrannoFan
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : Creaturepre

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:06 pm

That makes me feel ill even thinking about how he went about that with a butter knife.

I'm guessing he wanted to make a bit of a mess in order to get seen to a little quicker. Really though, a butterknife? May as well of used a spoon.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:16 pm

On Lost someone did a surgery on himself with a mirror! (he passed out though)
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : warmslime / SporeMasterSlime

Back to top Go down

Post by Randomosity Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:53 am

Red-Indigo wrote:
I'm guessing he wanted to make a bit of a mess in order to get seen to a little quicker. Really though, a butterknife? May as well of used a spoon.
The spoon probably would've worked slightly better too.

Anyway, now I've seen everything.
Randomosity
Randomosity

Male
Spore Name : The_Bl0b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down