EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS: Six die in knife attack in Jersey

5 posters

Go down

NEWS: Six die in knife attack in Jersey Empty NEWS: Six die in knife attack in Jersey

Post by Vektrix Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:12 am

NEWS: Six die in knife attack in Jersey _54598945_jex_1137094_de27-1

Six people, including two children, have been killed after a stabbing incident in Jersey, police have said.

Police were called to a flat at Victoria Crescent, Upper Midvale Road, at 15:00 BST after reports of a multiple stabbing incident.

A 30-year-old man is in police custody at Jersey General Hospital where he is also recovering from surgery.

Two men and two women were also killed. The identities and ages of the deceased have yet to be confirmed.

The hospital's emergency department was temporarily closed, but a hospital spokeswoman confirmed that the hospital had now re-opened.

A number of witnesses have come forward and are currently being interviewed by police as officers make efforts to identify the victims.

Forensic officers are at the scene, together with a number of uniformed officers and detectives.

'Complex investigation'
States of Jersey Police head of crime services Stewart Gull, who is leading the inquiry, said: "Clearly this complex investigation is in its very early stages as we try to establish exactly what happened.

"We are appealing to anyone who may have any information to contact us.

"We are mindful, too, of the impact of any such serious and tragic incident on the local community, and we have police officers in the area to support the investigation and local people."

A major incident room has been set up and police are appealing for anyone with information to contact them.

A cordon is around the scene, preventing some residents from returning to their properties. The island's town hall and a residential home have been opened for them to stay at.

Private house
Witness Andre Thorpe said he believed all the victims were members of the same family.

Mr Thorpe said: "For Jersey it was a major incident. Two ambulances turned up first because it was within a quarter of mile of the ambulance station.

"Then four or five police vehicles came, all blues and twos.

"They were trying to access a private house in the crescent. It was an old Victorian terrace, a lot of them are split into flats."

Mr Thorpe added that the area where the incident happened was quite secluded.

"I was first aware something was happening when I saw people looking out for the ambulances as I walked up the road," he said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-jersey-14523741

----------

I am only posting this since this is highly unusual for Jersey, where I used to live. I can confirm that my mother lives just around the corner from the incident and was unaware of it entirely when I spoke to her about 30 minutes ago. Suffice to say, she was shocked. As am I.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Six die in knife attack in Jersey Empty Re: NEWS: Six die in knife attack in Jersey

Post by Aieru Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:17 am

A crazed man killing his children, wife and three bystanders?

Sad, sad story...
Aieru
Aieru
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Male
Spore Name : AapBurger

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Six die in knife attack in Jersey Empty Re: NEWS: Six die in knife attack in Jersey

Post by Icedmask Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:04 am

What a shocking thing to do. What kind of things can make persons do such things?
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Icedmask

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:11 am

Amazing how people can do this to each other.

Is Jersey a big place?
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:24 am

Nope, I can walk from one side to the other in under 3 hours. I could walk North/South in under 1 hour. I have tested the first statement on a few occasions before you ask.

Crime on jersey is pretty minimal, they used to have a crime alert thing every morning on the BBC Radio station, but that was essentially stuff like vandalism to gravestones and possibly a stolen bike for some real excitement.

Since I've moved away from Jersey two major incidents have happened there. A young woman was stabbed and killed behind an Indian restaurant in about 2003 and now this. Incidentally, both events occurred less than 300 yards from my mother's flat - different flats I hasten to add.

When I lived there we never once locked our front door.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:28 am

Just a few hours ago a man shot his wife dead near the city hall of Pfäffikon, a town outside of Zurich. A social worker has been shot as well and is with a head wound in hospital, the offender is under arrest.

It happens everywhere for whatever reasons. Sad
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down