EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Injuries, illness, near death experiences... etc

+17
Copperlou
Aieru
ArsDraconis
Jezrhen
Flame2012
Andeavor
Jackw13
Vereor
Vektrix
LordRemington
Blaze
SuperLoki
Xaesheir
bmpalmann
sjhorm
Red-Indigo
Mudo
21 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Injuries, illness, near death experiences... etc - Page 2 Empty Re: Injuries, illness, near death experiences... etc

Post by Vektrix Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:26 pm

Yep, there are more.

I have smashed my head into an iron radiator.

I have sprained my wrist playing football, so much so that it had to be in a tubagrip for four weeks.

I have torn the ligament in my left knee that are attached to the knee-cap - again, playing football.

I have crashed into a car, bashing my head and severing one third of my ring finger. I have no idea how the car ran over JUST my ring finger, but it did. It did not hurt until I walked intro my house over 200 metres away, where upon I collapsed.

If I remember more, I will tell.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Injuries, illness, near death experiences... etc - Page 2 Empty Re: Injuries, illness, near death experiences... etc

Post by Blaze Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:30 pm

You need ta stay inside more often
Blaze
Blaze
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : Blazeer

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Blazeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:31 pm

Or play less football.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:34 pm

yeah that too
Blaze
Blaze
Delegate
Delegate

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackw13 Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:37 pm

There are two major deaths in my life.
1. Ages ago (Infant school) I was playing tag around a shed. At a corner I hit someone. They probably cried and ran off, but I just got back up, thinking it would just bruise. After everyone saying: "You should see that", I looked in the toilets mirror and my whole eybrow was bleeding. I don't remember what happened until: I was in the school kitchen (which was actually the nurses office). They called the ambulance (and my Dad) and when I got to the hospital, Everyone was mumbling about "stitches". The doctor said super-glue.

2. A while before the above, I got exited about a freind coming over and I punched the door. The glass broke and one shard happened to go into my wrist. After a very rushed drive to the hospital, they removed it and used super glue to fill in the gap. They said "It could of gone into your blood vessel, and you'd DIE".

I still have scars, and my eyebrow pulsates randomly every now and then.
Jackw13
Jackw13

Male
Location : On that mouldy peice of lettace which "fell" out of your salad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:15 pm

Just to scare Blaze, that reminds me, Jack. affraid

I once punched through corrugated double glazed windows in a forlorn attempt to beat up my foster brother (I didn't like him). I came out nwith just cuts, nothing major.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:30 pm

When I was very young, we used to go to the children's zoo near where we lived. They had this massive pirate ship, which was placed halfway on solid ground and water. I remember I was fooling around on the ship's rail when all of a sudden, little Andy disappeared.

I came to me a few moments later realizing I fell off and landed on my back on the grass with everybody checking up on me.

I was at that zoo just the other weekend and saw that now I could simply touch the rail standing straight.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaesheir Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:33 pm

Amost forgot to mention this incident.

We were eating our lunch at school (we came back from the chippy earlier) and we were sitting in the room we always hang out in. The fire alarm went off and we had to go outside and line up. Itwas a false alarm though, but we were outside for ages, so my friends convinced me to do a trick to make myself pass out. So I done it the first time and I didn't think it worked, untill my senses slowly started to mess up and I was falling over everywhere (abit like when im hoarding all the booze at a midnight beach party). I recovered when I got back upto the room (we had about 15 mins late) so I done it again, but I done it faster and heavier. The same snesation came over me quicker, but it got furthur. I was walking around the room crashing into chairs and tables and I couldn't open my eyes. A friend of mine came over and held me while I recovered from that one.

So I decided to do it one more time only in my registration room. So the teacher left and I announced I was going to make myself faint on purpose. So I done the same thing.
I was walking abou apparently with my eyes shut and I couldn't talk properly. All I remember is that I collapsed and smashed my head on the corner of the table. Friend got me back up, but I didn't feel normal for the rest of the day.

Later found out that it can cause brain hemirages Neutral
Xaesheir
Xaesheir
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : xDoomsoulx

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:39 pm

Well I just got kicked in the face yesterday and have a huge gash above my left eye and it hurts only when you touch it
Blaze
Blaze
Delegate
Delegate

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:19 pm

Ouch! XD reminds me of the time I bent down to pick up a hockey ball after the teacher said to put everything away and my 'friend' swang the hockey stick, thinking she had said to play on Rolling Eyes I got to go home early due to the large egg lump on my forehead Laughing
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Post by Flame2012 Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:22 pm

well, I have cancer, does that count? :hmmm:
Flame2012
Flame2012
Exiled

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:23 am

My God, people, does everyone here have a death wish or something!? Shocked

And.. ouch, Flame... Err, I hope it doesn't cause you much pain Sad
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female
Spore Name : Rebecca1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezrhen Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:58 am

I once crashed on a bicycle and the pedal went halfway through my leg. Seriously. It happened on my Mom's birthday. I got about 11 stitches, which was about my age at the time.

Then a couple years later, as we were getting ready for my sister's birthday party, a metal bed frame fell on me and one of the screws left a bit of a dent in my head. Only needed one staple, but it hurt. Razz
Jezrhen
Jezrhen
Regular
Regular

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:01 am

Jezrhen + Family Birthdays = injuries

Oh noes D:
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female
Spore Name : Rebecca1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:09 am

Laughing that's funny that it left a dent, well probably not for you, but I can just see it in cartoon... Anyway.

I had a similar thing with my bike. I was going maybe a bit too fast, but then this cat shot straight infront of me. I swerved and because it was raining, skidded on the road Rolling Eyes not only that but the handle bars jinked and pinned me to the floor which is rather funny thinking back on it. I came in in a right strop, with apparantly nothing more than a few grazes.

Then about a week later I had a bit of a cold and my chest was hurting, but in a weird way. It hurt when I pushed myself from the floor and if I lifted anything heavy. Right in the middle of my chest i could feel a little bump. I went to the doctors thinking it was a chest infection. Nope, the stupid cat incident had left me with a broken sternum (i think thats how you spell it)

There's nothing they can do about it so I just have to live with it lol. The annoying thing is though, my chest is now my weak area and I have had 2 chest infections since and an infected diaphragm...
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezrhen Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:15 am

I feel sorry for you Red. That can't be fun... Sad
Jezrhen
Jezrhen
Regular
Regular

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:21 am

Speaking of "funny", during a school trip I managed to jam my ankle in the revolving door of the Red Cross museum in Geneva. Facepalm

And another time, during a school camp in the mountains, we were walking downhill when my classmate was filming us. When he pointed his camera to me I tripped and fell a few feet down. It was a bit painful for me but on camera it looked hilarious as I disappeared like in a cartoon.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by ArsDraconis Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:41 am

I had so many stupid injuries I cannot remember every one.
ArsDraconis, aka, The Clumsy One Rolling Eyes

1. I love chocolate. In fact, I love it so much I ran trough enforced glass door to get one. Those were double glass doors. And...they were too clean. I didn't see that one coming. I ended up with broken nose and a few cuts all over my head. I spent the rest of the week in mummy-mode (lots of bandages).

2.My dad, aka The One With Bad Ideas, thought it would be awesome if we, for my sister's birthday, do a little of extreme sports. He is a speleologist, for the record. He tied the climbing rope to the balcony column, and the other end to a nearby tree. The idea was to tie us to the rope and let us go off the balcony. All the kids did it, so my duty as a big brother was to do it too. The problem is, I was the tallest there, and on my way down, I hit the bulky tree branch with my head. Like that wasn't enough, I panicked and uncapped my security ling and fell three meters down. Facepalm

3. When I was little, In was ''persuaded'' by the local bully to take a lying skateboard downrace. I panicked when I gone too fast, and I had nothing else to break with so I used my naked elbows. On heavy asphalt. The result wasn't pretty. Let's just say that, behind me, the street got a elbow gusto. As always, I recovered. Only to get in more trouble.

4. I French Kissed my arm to suck out the medicine. Why, you ask? Well, there was this big ugly scary injection I had to get. First I got a little one to see if there will be reaction. If not, I'll have to get the injection. When no reaction was visible, out of sheer desperation, I sucked it, willing it to swell. It did. And got infected. :/

I had a lot more of these. Just can't remember all of them. If I do, I will post more! Embarassed
ArsDraconis
ArsDraconis
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : ArsDraconis
Location : I know I need a funny location, but I just can't think of any! D:

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/ArsDraconis

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackw13 Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:08 am

Now I feel lucky. All I can say is: "Ouch."
Jackw13
Jackw13

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:51 am

This forum is full of pain-freaks
Blaze
Blaze
Delegate
Delegate

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ArsDraconis Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:07 am

Oh, and I got the entire forehead swollen because I was too enthusiastic.
I wanted my little cousin to learn to play minigolf.
I teached her, standing behind her and yelling instructions.
Big mistake.
As she tried to kick the ball, the stick slipped out of her grasp, straight into my head.
Luckly, my grandma was nearby, and the first thing she did is to put cold butter onto my forehead, so i was okay.

The only thing we remembered days after is: How the hell did a cold butter get into my grandma's purse?!? :hmmm:
ArsDraconis
ArsDraconis
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : ArsDraconis
Location : I know I need a funny location, but I just can't think of any! D:

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/ArsDraconis

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackw13 Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:28 am

KICK a golf ball?

Maybe she's part of a secret orginasation of cold butter lovers?
Jackw13
Jackw13

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aieru Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:05 am

There are two things which happened to me. The first was the time when I stuck a fork in my head (no joke!) just in front of my right ear. You could clearly see 4 little holes weeks after that!

And the second thing which happened to me was that I smashed the front of my head in a (I believe glass) table. Got a lot of stiches in that place. Thank god for modern surgery or else I would walking with a huge scar on my head.. only a little one now..
Aieru
Aieru
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Male
Spore Name : AapBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by Copperlou Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:26 pm

Well, I work at an animal shelter and with that comes working with many dangerous dogs.

Once I was taking a dog out, it was a large Rhodesian Ridgeback, normally I would see that a dog could be dangerous before I take it out and would put a muzzle on it. However, I was feeling a little off that day and didn't consider that and also didn't have my usual alert and dominant posture which I normally do when dealing with dogs. So, the dog was fine when I first took it out, but when I went to put its leash back on I accidentally leaned over it and caused it to attack. As a dog trainer, my first instinct when a dog challenges me is to fight it back. I'm not sure if that was the best choice in this situation, but I came out okay. I remember the dog jumping up and biting my face, leaving a huge gash right below my eye. It bit me several times on the arm before I pushed my arm into the dogs mouth and managed to wrestle it onto the ground and held it down by its neck until it surrendered to me. Of course after that it wasn't going to attack me, so I brought it back to its kennel. I had to go to the hospital, I got several puncture wounds and gashes on my face and arms. Now, I wasn't really close to dying in that situation, but I think of what would've happened if I had reacted differently.

Needless to say, I'm not scared of dogs and I still work at the same place. I consider the whole incident to be my fault anyways. And, I learned that I should always stay alert and watch what I'm doing around dogs at the shelter
Copperlou
Copperlou
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Female

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:29 pm

I was bitten bya dog when I was younger because I was past in the street and it was facing away from me. It was startled to see me so bit me, not serious or anything, by hand was bleeding, but I cleaned the wound and had it properly covered by my mu.

Ever since then, if I am passing any dog that is unatteneded in the street (i.e. stray or tied up outside a shop because it is not allowed in), I make a noise warning it I am there, and about to go past. Mind you, I am so tall, I think even if it was startled by my presence it would be too scared of me.

But that incident seems very nasty Copper.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next