EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would you like to see in DarkSpore?

+7
TheBuzzard
LordRemington
krechur
Icedmask
123defacto
ArsDraconis
Arkanay
11 posters

Go down

What would you like to see in DarkSpore? Empty What would you like to see in DarkSpore?

Post by Arkanay Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:07 pm

In the DarkSpore Forum, in the feedback section, there are similar threads to this one, where you can announce your ideas to Maxis, discuss them with other users and such.
So if you want to let the developers know your thoughts and suggestions, you should pit-stop the official DarkSpore Feedback section Wink

This thread here will serve as a place for us to talk with eachother about what we would like to see in the game.

So what would you like to see in DarkSpore? What would it require, to become one of your favourite games?
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

What would you like to see in DarkSpore? Empty Re: What would you like to see in DarkSpore?

Post by ArsDraconis Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:14 am

Hmmm...for starters, it needs a different, original RPG system, not the overdone concepts we see in other RPGs.

The spore-style creation of heroes should be what we all expect ( Create the hera AND equippement), and a lot of online interactions.

Some small matters too, but I'll stop here.
ArsDraconis
ArsDraconis
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : ArsDraconis
Location : I know I need a funny location, but I just can't think of any! D:

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/ArsDraconis

Back to top Go down

What would you like to see in DarkSpore? Empty Re: What would you like to see in DarkSpore?

Post by 123defacto Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:14 am

Crafting system! Mr Green

123defacto

Male
Spore Name : 123defacto

Back to top Go down

Post by Icedmask Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:49 am

The ability to make and customize buildings your RPG would be nice. It would also bring back the Spore-feel and make Darkspore a proper spore game.

But i doubt they will develop something like that..
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Icedmask

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:52 am

I agree with you, Iced. Would be really cool if DarkSpore brought Spore to a higher, better level. Where you could actually make your own RPG's, with excellent graphics and features.

But I also doubt they will develop something like that. They've said so themselves DarkSpore is an action sci-fi RPG.

Hmmm...

Maybe in the future, Spore will be developed in a way we appreciate more. Perhaps after DarkSpore feaver is over.

We'll see :-)

Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Icedmask Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:57 am

That's exactly what im thinking to, im already looking forward to new rumors about a Spore game Razz

Let's hope Darkspore will be the proof EA needs to push more money into the spore franchise.
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by krechur Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:32 pm

Yes lets hope
krechur
krechur
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : krechur

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:36 pm

Probably not. They don't seem to be smart enough to realise the mistake they are making. They should have known from the start fans of spore would want a NEW spore, not a RPG based in the spore universe
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:28 pm

But I think with this they will achieve a whole new comunity that's into RPG action genre, as well as part of the Spore comunity that is willing to give DarkSpore a chance.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Icedmask Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:31 pm

The best marketing strategy ever?

At least they will make a lot of money out of this. Witch means that they probably will develop more Spore games in the future..
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:34 pm

true, regardless of the communities thoughts on the game, it will most likely do very well. but hopefully after maxis get bored with darkspore, they'll get back to making either expansions or a new REAL spore 2.

In all likelyness, I'll probably give darkspore a try
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:37 pm

Parkaboy gave a very nice idea about a fleet expansion in the forum and MaxisCactus said she would pass it to the rest of the team.

So hopefully, more work on Spore will be done in the future :-)

I, like many of you, would very much like to see a Spore 2.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Icedmask Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:41 pm

Parkaboy, also our savior Razz Ill check that out..

@Reyes: The game engineer for Darkspore is so cute, she can't possible make a bad came, so i will definitely buy this. (Maybe i mentioned that before Razz)
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:47 pm

so.......basically, show hot chick holding a game and your sold aye.......yeah i'm pretty much the same... thats the same reason i bought 4 gallons of horse radish.......
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Icedmask Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:10 am

Like the incredible stupid Evony Free Forever game, lolz Laughing
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBuzzard Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:01 am

I was a bit disappointed after hearing you couldn't create your heroes from scratch. I liked the idea of playing the game as my main GA captain (or rather, a replica). That would have been nice, becuase there is only so much you can with hte Adventure editor.
TheBuzzard
TheBuzzard

Male
Spore Name : TheBuzzard
Location : In a maximun securtiy prison for eating the CEO of EA's chocolate bar... lawyers can do anything these days.

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:45 am

I'd like to see a game with at least a bit more creative control.
I'll get the game anyway but the question in my mind will remain, is this really a spore game?
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : bmpalmann/ Remyxomatosis

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:51 am

I'm not a big fan of it, it sounds like Torchlight meets Spore Hero. I'm also not a big fan of being restricted to a creature model. I don't really see the point of being unique as a creature creator anymore.

Anyhow, I hope they'll consider making it a mission-based RPG-RTS hybrid like SpellForce and its sequel(s). With every mission you get control over a local tribe whose creatures you can customize according to your progress in the mission/story.

I'd play that ASAP.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by kyle_r93 Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:39 am

Maybe some online capabilities.
kyle_r93
kyle_r93
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : kyle_r93

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/kyle_r93

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:54 pm

Andeavor wrote:I'm not a big fan of it, it sounds like Torchlight meets Spore Hero. I'm also not a big fan of being restricted to a creature model. I don't really see the point of being unique as a creature creator anymore.

Anyhow, I hope they'll consider making it a mission-based RPG-RTS hybrid like SpellForce and its sequel(s). With every mission you get control over a local tribe whose creatures you can customize according to your progress in the mission/story.

I'd play that ASAP.

True but you should look at it from a designers point of view. In spore, probably 85% of creations are semi-retarded in appearance, some with 20 legs, others with arms coming out of the head. It wasn't such a problem with GA as the animation for the captain and other creatures were fairly basic, but in order to prevent Darkspore from having rediculous looking monster or captain with random silly animation, I can see why they chose to got the template style route. Harder to make a template look silly that an creature from scratch
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:59 pm

Interesting point, Reyes. But I can also understand Andeavor´s point of view.

Although the animations will be much better (which is a plus for the game), people will be more limited in creating.

Hmm... I´ve subscribed to the newsletter, so if there´s anything new of big going on I´ll be informed of such. I´ll let you know if they email me something interesting.
You can also subscribe to the newsletter in Darkspore official website, if you haven´t done it yet and are interested.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostmoon Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:31 pm

Personally, I would if anything, want a 'mission' creator so you aren't stuck on same boring old missions over again, after you say, complete the first level, it is unlocked with all the Terrains monsters doodads etc in that level, to get more terrains and monsters etc you have to complete more levels and it would be awesome if after you save your mission you could share it like GA adventures and stuff.

I wasn't going to get Darkspore but two of the Heroes have changed my mind Laughing
Frostmoon
Frostmoon
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : Froststar

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Froststar

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:25 pm

@Reyes1: Yes, I agree on that but then they should provide us with as amny templates as you can, including the option of bipeds, tripods, spider-like etc. and customizable torsos, arms and heads (features).

@Ark: I think we're all subscribed to it. Razz

@Froststar: Yes, please. =D
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostmoon Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:31 pm

I'm not subscribed to it.

@Ark Which one, getting it or my suggestion?

It would also be nice, a Minion editor if they impletemented the mission maker, so you could have harder enemies and uniquer bosses.
Frostmoon
Frostmoon
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : Froststar

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Froststar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down