EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DarkSpore

+12
sjhorm
MilkAndCookies
Arkanay
Hawkbird2000
LoD
LordRemington
Icedmask
OneDeadSlime
Takben
die876
Mudo
FilipT
16 posters

Go down

DarkSpore Empty DarkSpore

Post by FilipT Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:25 am

DarkSpore Header_logo

So, my buddy, Tombik, found very nice info about Darkspore, enjoy.

For ages Crogenitorové ruled the galaxy, transform and remodeled the galaxy as they pleased. In his arrogance, uncontrollable but created something they got out of hand – Darkspore. Galaxy is now under siege. Darkspore started to use the power of E-DNA to transform the planet's inhabitants to mindless slaves. Their sole aim is to conquer all the planets. Are you a refugee Darkspore since the beginning of the millennium. But emerged with a new option, an option that could thwart Darkspore. Now it's up to you: Leading the fight against Darkspore and save the galaxy.

Editor Due to constantly develop the necessary Crogenitorové constantly experimented with the main ingredient of life: DNA.

After several generations of experiments to learn Crogenitorové add limbs, senses, and even organ transplants from other life forms into their fighters through a mechanical interface.

It was a preview from the official Maxis, or my loose translation. It's so Darkspore first officially revealed to the public on the site darkspore.com. It looks promising, and most importantly, it is almost 100% probability that Darkspore released. I would like to thank Irydanovi for the tip.

* Translated from English to Czech, and then from Czech to english. Translation made by Tombik.

Links :
SporeHrdinové - Our Website
Sporum Topic

Gallery :
DarkSpore Zelumnexus_map
DarkSpore Editor_screen
DarkSpore Zelumnexus_screens1
DarkSpore Foto-index

Last edited by FilipT on Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:36 am; edited 2 times in total
FilipT
FilipT

Male
Spore Name : FilipT

Back to top Go down

DarkSpore Empty Re: DarkSpore

Post by Mudo Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:33 am

As I said on the Sporum...

"Hmmm... I'd have to say I'm pretty skeptic about this. I'm not saying anybody is lying, but this whole story doesn't add up. I mean, why and how would you make a whole website like that, and just delete it, (which can't be done)* in a few hours? It makes no sense. Let alone the fact that it actually looks like a good game, not just a piece of junk with a fantastic creator function. This alone puts me off.

*A sight might be deleted, I don't know. But it is impossible to remove info from the internet. The info on that site, (Assuming it was there) is still floating around somewhere."

From what I saw, I sure hope he was right though!
Mudo
Mudo
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Mudokon117

Back to top Go down

Post by FilipT Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:44 am

DarkSpore 500616903756_lrg
Here is my DarkSpore logo, you should discuss here about those images, and things.

Link
FilipT
FilipT

Male
Spore Name : FilipT

Back to top Go down

Post by die876 Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:03 am

This is embaressing, very embaressing
but uh "Squeeeeeeeee" is the noise i make when i find out bout a new game i like and do manic smiling, guess what i'm doing now?
i can't wait! but,then again there was no screens from game so i'm guessing next year E3 released the year after. So by the time it's out i'll be 16 so yeah, long wait
die876
die876
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : die876

Back to top Go down

Post by Takben Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:36 pm

fascinating! i knew nothing about this before now but now i am intrigued!

Takben
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:03 pm

The english translation is obviously Google Translated.
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : warmslime / SporeMasterSlime

Back to top Go down

Post by Icedmask Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:58 am

I hope for a brand new website, new rating/sharing system and new accounts as well.

Crossed my fingers..
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Icedmask

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:12 am

Same, while i'm sure some creators would like to keep there current status, starting over would allow everyone, even the unrecognised talents, to start at level ground. I'd like to start again, just so i can have a more creative name.

Anyway as long as the new spore is bigger, more parts,better graphics,better gameplay and for the love of super jesus NOT A CHILDS GAME I'll be happy. I'm sorry to any of the much younger creators, but at the very least a PG or maybe even an M title would be nice. Spore while very fun, is very childish. I'd like to see a more mature version of spore. Again not that I have anything against younger players, plus it would matter for alot of kids because most parents are willing to buy there kids PG or M rated games, I know mine were. My only problem is that for ever mature younger player in spore, there are 100 immature ones
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by LoD Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:14 am

lol, If what people say is true. It would be so cool if our template edits make it into this game. Razz But with better graphics and stuff.

LoD
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : "LoD"

Back to top Go down

Post by Icedmask Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:25 am

Nailed it, a more mature version of spore, that's exactly what i want. It's exactly what many other players want and I hope Maxis is going to give us that. Think of what a community it would be; where the majority where mature, grown up players..

I don't think I even want to share a single creation if Maxis do not redo the whole website, sharing/rating feature and make everyone start from scratch again with new accounts. The community is currently so full of crap...
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoD Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:33 am

Icedmask wrote:Nailed it, a more mature version of spore, that's exactly what i want. It's exactly what many other players want and I hope Maxis is going to give us that. Think of what a community it would be; where the majority where mature, grown up players..

I don't think I even want to share a single creation if Maxis do not redo the whole website, sharing/rating feature and make everyone start from scratch again with new accounts. The community is currently so full of crap...

I don't want to lose my subs though....and buddy everyone I lost. That would be a hassle. Razz

LoD
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : "LoD"

Back to top Go down

Post by Icedmask Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:49 am

Great creators and creative persons will always get popular. If you where great in "Spore 1" you will be great in "Spore 2" as well.

Buddies, It's just to reconnect and share new screens on this forum for an example.. Wink
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawkbird2000 Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:31 pm

Hopefully you keep your account, then someone could steal your Screenname
Hawkbird2000
Hawkbird2000
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1025&t=175157

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:06 pm

I'm really looking forward to see what this Spore 2 will look like. It certanly has great potential to be something outstanding.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkAndCookies Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:13 pm

Arkanay wrote:I'm really looking forward to see what this Spore 2 will look like. It certanly has great potential to be something outstanding.

Dude, that´s what I said when I was watching those Spore 2005 videos. We can just hope that they don´t screw it up again.
MilkAndCookies
MilkAndCookies
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Female
Spore Name : -

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:25 pm

I don't want dark in my spores! D:
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male
Spore Name : sjhorm

Back to top Go down

Post by 123defacto Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:26 am

THIS ISN'T SPORE 2

sadly, this is an entirely new game, and has very little (but still some) to do with spore.
Just don't beleive me to much though, there's very little info released but they said themselves that it is more of a RPG. The creature editor is still there, but ´´updated´´...

123defacto

Male
Spore Name : 123defacto

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:27 am

[moving to the Darkspore section]
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female
Spore Name : Rebecca1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:33 pm

DarkSpore is a nice game (I've played the demo) but wow, it's overpriced... 50 euros for it seems like a total rip off.

The game gets repetitive rather quickly, even if you modify your heroes and acquire new ones with new attacks, which is cool, but it still falls into the same repetitive platform in less than a couple of hours. The gameplay is accessible and the graphics are quite decent. The story is okay.

If it comes on sales on Steam I will consider buying it because 50 euros are definitely not worth this game. I'm not even sure I would get it by half price. :S There are simply no high moments of the game, in my opinion. Just enemies that keep coming until you kill them all. Multiplayer is funnier than single player but not good enough to balance the game out overall.

The editor is decent and you do have some limited freedom to edit your heroes, although the Spore parts that you can use just reek of ridiculousness, as it seems they are out of place, like those skirt parts in the middle of darkspore. lol.
6/10
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Mysteryem Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:09 am

Ouch, 50€?! Don't tell me, it's steam's overinflated pricing again?
I got it for £22 on release which is about 25€

Amazon.co.uk's current price is £25 which is much more reasonable than steam's imo.

Hmm, just checked amazon.de, 40€. The other european countries appear to have the same problem. Neutral
Mysteryem
Mysteryem
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : Mysteryem

http://www.mysterymayhem.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:41 pm

I wasn't really interested in this game when it was mentioned. I haven't bothered to get it either.

I think what puts me off is its based mainly on combat. Combat wasn't the strongest point in spore, well to be honest, actual gameplay wasnt the strongest in spore Razz So that's what made me wary of it.

Hearing from Ark that it gets repetitive is nothing more than I expected from it really. 50 euros seems a huge amount too. I think they would have done better to put this as an extension onto spore in some way maybe?

Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Post by Mysteryem Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:16 pm

I think you're getting too mixed up with spore here, the only similarities between darkspore and spore is that they both use a 'creature' editor and probably run on the same engine. Aside from that, they're completely different games.

I will however admit that it gets repetitive quickly, there's only 24 unique levels. After the first 'difficulty', the only thing that changes is that the enemies vary more and become more difficult. You also have to start to be skillful. In the demo you can pick pretty much any hero you want and mess around for the whole level and still win.

The main fun in this game is definately co-op. Solo can be very boring and the game is unbalanced that depending on your luck, you could have an enemy that's immune (30% chance or so to be able to hit them) all of your squad's attacks.

Whenever you replay levels that you've already done, it gives you a random map that you've already played then chooses 3 minions and 3 lieutenants that are in that map's 'pool'.

The game doesn't start to become much of a challenge (in my opinion) until mid way through the second difficulty. But the difficulty has been steadily nerfed since release and it's just too easy now, there really needs to be a forth difficulty which is like the 3rd difficulty before the nerfs, while the sense of achievement is there for making it to the end of the game, once you're there, it becomes far too easy.
Mysteryem
Mysteryem
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : Mysteryem

http://www.mysterymayhem.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:55 am

Yeah, you're probably right. Considering that I've only ever seen let's plays on it, not actually played it myself.

I know they are totally different games, the reason I was comparing to spore was because as you said, runs on a similar engine. The whole mechanics behind spore gameplay sucked (well for me anyway) so I expected that there would be the same approach given to this game (especially as at the time it seemed to be heavily based off of spore). That was my thought when deciding to buy it or not.

I think alot of people have thought it would be similar. Even though it seems completley different, people are still wary because of the obvious 'spore' connection and that's probably why it flopped.

The Co-Op game mode seems like it adds alot though, but then again its always better playing with people than AI Smile
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down