EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask Icedmask **Relaunching this very soon**

+14
Tyrannigalox
MjrGlory
Kevin92
Pikachu
Lumorei
MetalStarTech
Arkanay
sjhorm
Xaesheir
bmpalmann
LordRemington
ProbablynotHax
SuperLoki
Icedmask
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ask Icedmask **Relaunching this very soon** Empty Ask Icedmask **Relaunching this very soon**

Post by Icedmask Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:10 am

Ask Icedmask **Relaunching this very soon** Northern-ireland-flag

What's this?

Ok, so this thread can function like an oracle kind of thing. Here you can ask me questions, questions about almost everything and I will try to answer as good as I can.

Like what?

Spore related things like "How do I make my creations more popular" or "What do you think of this creation?" (yes, I will gladly give feedback in this thread as well) Or maybe other things like: "Where do babies come from?" or "What's the meaning of life?"

Rules and general information:

-This is meant like a thread for spore questions regarding creating, but you are allowed to ask off-topic questions too -just don't let it go to far.
-I will not be giving out any specific info of my private life, so it's unnecessary to ask.
-The regular forum rules -no spamming, flaming, trolling you should know all that by now.

Questions:

TheHiveMind wrote:what is the meaning of 42?

MjrGlory wrote:Mah question: "Would you eat the moon if it were made out of barbecue spareribs?"

(or the long version if you actually need background information Razz)

Reyes1 wrote:Icedmask....... how is it that life sprang from nothing more than organic compounds and RNA?

ProbablynotHax wrote:In response to the OP edit:

Ask Icedmask **Relaunching this very soon** 500634099535_lrg

Answered questions:

SuperLoki wrote:What's my middle name?
Answer: Let's hope she one day will reveal this mystery for us.

ProbablyNotHax wrote:What is the name of the mathematical formula in complex analysis that shows the similarities in the relationships of the trigonometric functions and large exponential functions?
Answer: "Euler's formula" (how does he know such things O.o)

SuperLoki wrote:What is your favorite creation in Spore? Can't be made by you
Answer: My favorite creation in spore is actually an adventure that happens to be "The Beasts of Boron" by Parkaboy. How he manages to make relatively simple creations into something totally awesome have always amazed me.

The Beasts of Boron is a perfect example of his unique style. When he makes an adventure is it usually not an 8 act long epic fighting thing. It is usually simple adventures that don't take to much time to finish, but they can be really hard and he makes the player think and investigate.

If you have read sporetips.blogspot.com then you will see how many great tips and tricks he have for adventures. Ive played everyone of his adventures and he cleverly uses all the tricks he got all the time. The first comment I read when I was finished with The Beasts of Boron was "Dude, that was actually a really good adventure" -think that described what the majority felt when they had played it.

Parkaboy = Genius

(First time the Oracle had to go out with personal believes!)

Reyes1 wrote: If have have four apples and then someone eats one of them, but then i get a shipment of 400000 apples, but 33% of it get destroyed on the way here. how many apples do i have?
Answer: 268.003 apples. 33% of 400.000 is 132.000. 400.000 - 132.000 is 268.000 + those three apples you had from before. (The Oracle is finally right!)

MetalStarTech wrote:Can u tell us what film was Co produced by Michael Douglas, But didn't star his father Kirk owing to his age and studio Intervention, Though he had wanted to play the role for a long time ?? and is the one thing Kirk and Michael regretted
Answer: Im going to guess "Illusion" from 2004. That's one of the few later films I know Micheal Douglas have starred in.. (another hard one for the Oracle!)

Reyes1 wrote:How do you make perfect rings in the building editor?
Answer: There is a lot of tutorials for this and how to do it precisely over at the All About Buildings thread by Sakiara on the sporum. But im going to explain the basics:

Ok, you take a connector and carefully place a building block part on it like this:
Ask Icedmask **Relaunching this very soon** Spore_2010-08-03_14-26-33

Then you take and press "alt" on the building block, it will then copy:
Ask Icedmask **Relaunching this very soon** Spore_2010-08-03_14-26-47

You still got the same building block on the connector. If you now move the connector a little like this:
Ask Icedmask **Relaunching this very soon** Spore_2010-08-03_14-27-13

And copy the block again, you will in the end get a perfect circle:
Ask Icedmask **Relaunching this very soon** Spore_2010-08-03_14-28-12

There you go, as I mentioned, you cab get more detailed tutorials on the All About Buildings thread Wink

bmpalmann wrote:What's the secret behind the ruins you make?
Answer: Actually, I get that question often, so Ive decided to post a tutorial at the "All About Buildings" thread by Sakiara. It should be there In the OP -if Saki has remembered to update it.

So, if you want any feedback, tips, advice or answers regarding other things, just ask

-Icedmask "The Oracle" =D

Last edited by Icedmask on Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:08 am; edited 31 times in total
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Icedmask

Back to top Go down

Ask Icedmask **Relaunching this very soon** Empty Re: Ask Icedmask **Relaunching this very soon**

Post by SuperLoki Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:12 am

What's my middle name?

Razz

Nice idea.
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female
Spore Name : Rebecca1208

Back to top Go down

Ask Icedmask **Relaunching this very soon** Empty Re: Ask Icedmask **Relaunching this very soon**

Post by ProbablynotHax Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:18 am

what is the name of the mathematical formula in complex analysis that shows the similarities in the relationships of the trigonometric functions and large exponential functions?

A hint would be calculus.

Last edited by ProbablynotHax on Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:27 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Can't get my word choice correct -__-)
ProbablynotHax
ProbablynotHax
Regular
Regular

Male
Location : *Generic pseudo-intellectual, melancholy phrase I found on another forum*

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:19 am

Icedmask. If have have four apples and then someone eats one of them, but then i get a shipment of 400000 apples, but 33% of it get destroyed on the way here. how many apples do i have? Razz

hey one real question i've had. i never fully got how you make a perfect circle with parts in the building editor. I've tried thet based-platform thing, but I never seem to get it quite right (building editor not my strong point)

How do you make circles with squares in building editor?
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Icedmask Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:21 am

@ Loki: If I knew that, then I would have told you. But.. since i got no clue at all, im going to guess out from the information I have Razz without any clue, im going to guess the most popular female name in Britain right now, "Olivia"

(oh my.. that's an hard one to start with)

Last edited by Icedmask on Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:22 am

Olivia is the most popular English name? Weird, I've only ever known one person with it.

But yeah. You're wrong. Trick question, really, since no one knows my middle name. Just wanted to play around Razz
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:22 am

What's the secret to maaking those awesome ruins of your?
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : bmpalmann/ Remyxomatosis

Back to top Go down

Post by Icedmask Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:24 am

@ Rebecca: I feel kind of tricked right now..

@Everyone.. be patient with this. Im only one guy up here. It may take some time, especially because Hax's question was so weird -.-
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:25 am

Sorry, I didn't mean to trick you ^^'

Okay, a serious question, for when you have a moment. What is your favourite creation in Spore? Can't be made by you Razz
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Icedmask Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:29 am

@ Hax: There is actually a branch of mathematics called Coplex Analysis, but Ive never heard of that formula.

But since I have to give you an answer, Im going to say that there is no formula that explains that at all!

(maybe an even harder one..)

Edit: It's 1:29 AM here right now, so I sould probably be off. Will most certainly wake up tomorrow with another bunch of questions Razz

Alright, updated the OP. I will answer all of them, promise.
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ProbablynotHax Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:32 am

You mean "complex" analysis? I think that's a little too general of a term to be considered a branch. As you can do all sorts of analysis. From statistics to correlative. Though, statistics can form correlations

The correct answer is Euler's formula. Razz
ProbablynotHax
ProbablynotHax
Regular
Regular

Male
Location : *Generic pseudo-intellectual, melancholy phrase I found on another forum*

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaesheir Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:38 am

SuperLoki wrote:Olivia is the most popular English name? Weird, I've only ever known one person with it.

But yeah. You're wrong. Trick question, really, since no one knows my middle name. Just wanted to play around Razz

I bet it's actually Rosemary Laughing
Xaesheir
Xaesheir
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : xDoomsoulx

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:47 am

Lol, naahh. Nothing posh or embarrassing. People like it - I just like to **** around and keep it a secret Smile
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:48 am

SuperLoki wrote:Lol, naahh. Nothing posh or embarrassing. People like it - I just like to **** around and keep it a secret Smile

...Is it Butch?
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male
Spore Name : sjhorm

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:49 am

...no, not at all o.O
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:49 am

hmmmmm kournikova???? Thats not a weird middle name
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:51 am

Okay, let's not kill Iced's thread.
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male
Spore Name : sjhorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:12 am

Many Oracles around these days... Razz

But can you compete with the most famous of them all, the almighty farseer, the future emperor of the space marines...

Ask Icedmask **Relaunching this very soon** Paul-The-Octopus-Astrologer

Last edited by Arkanay on Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalStarTech Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:14 am

Ok here's one for u
without use of Winki

Can u tell us what film was Co produced by Michael Douglas, But didn't star his father Kirk owing to his age and studio Intervention, Though he had wanted to play the role for a long time ?? and is the one thing Kirk and Michael regreted

this I know myself and not cause of Winki or any movie or dedication sites

Last edited by MetalStarTech on Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:44 pm; edited 3 times in total

MetalStarTech
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumorei Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:47 am

Why you keep spelling the word 'Answer' wrong on the OP?
Lumorei
Lumorei
Exiled

Female
Spore Name : Lumorei / Unpronouncable

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Lumorei

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:03 pm

He appears to have spelt it right. Also, do realize English isn't his native language, or he could be dyslexic, so don't point people out on typos unless you don't understand it.

Iced, I saw your answer to my question.... I DO have a middle name Surprised
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Icedmask Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:55 pm

Sorry guys, Was to fast typing yesterday. I can do mistakes like that all the time. Even when I type in Norwegian O.o

So.. You have a middle name. Now I feel even more tricked than before Razz
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Icedmask Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:13 pm

Ok, time to answer some of your questions: (sorry for double posting, want to keep answers in an own post)

@Reyes 1: 268.003 apples. 33% of 400.000 is 132.000. 400.000 - 132.000 is 268.000 + those three apples you had from before. (The Oracle is finally right!)

@Loki: My favorite creation in spore is actually an adventure that happens to be "The Beasts of Boron" by Parkaboy. How he manages to make relatively simple creations into something totally awesome have always amazed me.

The Beasts of Boron is a perfect example of his unique style. When he makes an adventure is it usually not an 8 act long epic fighting thing. It is usually simple adventures that don't take to much time to finish, but they can be really hard and he makes the player think and investigate.

If you have read sporetips.blogspot.com then you will see how many great tips and tricks he have for adventures. Ive played everyone of his adventures and he cleverly uses all the tricks he got all the time. The first comment I read when I was finished with The Beasts of Boron was "Dude, that was actually a really good adventure" -think that described what the majority felt when they had played it.

Parkaboy = Genius

(First time the Oracle had to go out with personal believes!)

@MetalStarTech: Im going to guess "Illusion" from 2004. That's one of the few later films I know Micheal Douglas have starred in.. (another hard one for the Oracle!)
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:17 pm

Interesting. Thanks for the feedback, I might try out that adventure then.
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalStarTech Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:36 pm

answer was One Flew Over The Coocoos Nest Kirk Douglas had to be still a active acter not on his death bed

MetalStarTech
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next