EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask Icedmask **Relaunching this very soon**

+14
Tyrannigalox
MjrGlory
Kevin92
Pikachu
Lumorei
MetalStarTech
Arkanay
sjhorm
Xaesheir
bmpalmann
LordRemington
ProbablynotHax
SuperLoki
Icedmask
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ask Icedmask **Relaunching this very soon** - Page 2 Empty Re: Ask Icedmask **Relaunching this very soon**

Post by Icedmask Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:23 am

Ok, an answer to reyes1's question about the rings in the building editor: There is a lot of tutorials for this and how to do it precisely over at the All About Buildings thread by Sakiara on the sporum. But im going to explain the basics:

Ok, you take a connector and carefully place a building block part on it like this:
Ask Icedmask **Relaunching this very soon** - Page 2 Spore_2010-08-03_14-26-33

Then you take and press "alt" on the building block, it will then copy:
Ask Icedmask **Relaunching this very soon** - Page 2 Spore_2010-08-03_14-26-47

You still got the same building block on the connector. If you now move the connector a little like this:
Ask Icedmask **Relaunching this very soon** - Page 2 Spore_2010-08-03_14-27-13

And copy the block again, you will in the end get a perfect circle:
Ask Icedmask **Relaunching this very soon** - Page 2 Spore_2010-08-03_14-28-12

There you go, as I mentioned, you cab get more detailed tutorials on the All About Buildings thread Wink
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Icedmask

Back to top Go down

Ask Icedmask **Relaunching this very soon** - Page 2 Empty Re: Ask Icedmask **Relaunching this very soon**

Post by Pikachu Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:50 am

what is the meaning of 42?
Pikachu
Pikachu
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : Stitch1200

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin92 Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:59 am

TheHiveMind wrote:what is the meaning of 42?
a very good question Very Happy
Kevin92
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : Kevin92

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Kevin92

Back to top Go down

Post by Icedmask Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:25 am

Answer to ben's question, What is the secret behind the ruins Ive make: Actually, I get that question often, so Ive decided to post a tutorial at the "All About Buildings" thread by Sakiara. It should be there In the OP -if Saki has remembered to update it
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Icedmask

Back to top Go down

Post by MjrGlory Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:24 am

Mah question: "Would you eat the moon if it were made out of barbecue spareribs?"

(or the long version if you actually need background information Razz)

MjrGlory
MjrGlory
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : MjrGlory

Back to top Go down

Post by ProbablynotHax Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:02 am

ProbablynotHax
ProbablynotHax
Regular
Regular

Male
Location : *Generic pseudo-intellectual, melancholy phrase I found on another forum*

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:59 pm

Icedmask....... how is it that life sprang from nothing more than organic compounds and RNA?
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by MjrGlory Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:20 am

Reyes1 wrote:Icedmask....... how is it that life sprang from nothing more than organic compounds and RNA?
Ha, even I can answer that one :p It didn't, it's bs.
MjrGlory
MjrGlory
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:59 pm

Then what did?
Major Knowseerythingabouttheuniverseandthemeaningoflife Glory?
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MjrGlory Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:10 pm

hehe Smile
I'm of course not sure. I just find it hard to believe that something random started life in a weird coincidence. I just see intelligence behind all creation, nature, the universe are just to perfect and to complex.

I watched this documentary lately related to the subject:

It's about other theories than darwinism being surpressed, in particular 'intelligent design'. And in what ways Darwinism is used and entrenched in our society. A very interesting watch if I may say.
MjrGlory
MjrGlory
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:06 pm

I don't believe in intelligent design.

1. Its eternally linked to religion. While i have no problem with people being religious, it just makes no sense to me.

2. Evolution is barely considered a theory any more, its more considered fact.

but see the problem with that documentary is that its not alternate theories that get mocked, its only intelligent design, and god as far a science is concerned doesn't exist.

To be honest my belief is that while evolution is what caused life to become what it is today, its possible a sort of undetectable force started life. I don't say this is any religious manner, but its been suggested there may be some sort of nexus of life, a cosmic engergy which allows life to exist.

Still anyone should be able to believe what they want to believe
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MjrGlory Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:54 pm

No, you didn't get that entirely right. Intelligent design is not the same as religion. And intelligent design does not say there is a god, it just notes that there is intelligenge behind nature and all living things. It's like you said: some sort of undetectable force that started live...

I just asked myself: do I truly believe that all laws of nature just came into being by coincidence or chance?...... I find that very hard to believe. Even if I'm told my entire life that this is how it happened. To me that's as much bs as a man in the sky who tells us what's right or wrong.
Also I am not religious in any way, not even raised like it. Just to clear that up.

Btw you say evolution is considered a fact, but it's not. It's just a theory. A theory that has actually still many problems and doesn't answer all questions.
Science is not about concencus, it does not matter what the majority believes.
MjrGlory
MjrGlory
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin92 Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:33 pm

I have question!

Why are all sporecreators so scared of the hugmonster and what's the secret behind it?

I never understand why the hugmonster is so famous Rolling Eyes
Kevin92
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : Kevin92

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Kevin92

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:50 pm

MjrGlory wrote:No, you didn't get that entirely right. Intelligent design is not the same as religion. And intelligent design does not say there is a god, it just notes that there is intelligenge behind nature and all living things. It's like you said: some sort of undetectable force that started live...

I just asked myself: do I truly believe that all laws of nature just came into being by coincidence or chance?...... I find that very hard to believe. Even if I'm told my entire life that this is how it happened. To me that's as much bs as a man in the sky who tells us what's right or wrong.
Also I am not religious in any way, not even raised like it. Just to clear that up.

Btw you say evolution is considered a fact, but it's not. It's just a theory. A theory that has actually still many problems and doesn't answer all questions.
Science is not about concencus, it does not matter what the majority believes.

but the with saying intelligent design is that, it makes even less sense if there is no god in the picture. Evolution makes more sense than just a force which dictates how something will end up and the thing about it being chance is think about it. Even if life as we know it was really a one in a billion chance, thats still meaning it would be practically impossible for it not to occur. considering how many trillions of trillions of trillions of planets there are in the universe.

I'd say the most logical thing would be a force, whatever that force may be, gave the ability for life to exist, but evolution dictated what that life became depending on where that life existed.

And just saying in a way there is an intelligence to life, but its not the same as intelligent design. there are rules life must abid by for it to exist. for instace, the myth that it would be possible for silicon based lifeforms to exist is non-sense because, in order for it to live, it would breathe in air just like us, but instead of exhaling CO2 like carbon based lifeforms, it would most like throw up sand everytime it breathed out, which is not the best way for a creature to function.

Its not that its intelligent design, its just that life follows specific rules for it to be successful.

Really my main problem with intelligent design is, while it may not be a completely religious idea, it did arise from religion. and I saw something about and intelligent design museum, which depicted god creating everything. Unfortunately while some might not say its religious, its hard to mention intelligent design without religion coming up.

edit: just had a thought, this is the reason why intelligent design is forever lnked with religion, whether anyone wants it to be or not.

The basic idea of intelliegent design is that life did not simply evolve in random sequence, but instead has a preset course, sort of like the blue prints of a building. Just like blue prints are use to make a building exactly how it should be, intelligent design would dictate how something would end up. Here's the problem. for the blue prints to have been made, you need an architect to draw them up. So if intelligent design follows a set of 'blueprints', it too would have needed an architect who planned out what the end result of life would be.

someone would have had to engineer life as we know it if intelligent design were true. That may only be my view but i don't see any real way intelligent design can exist without the notion of some type of being designing life as we know it.

In the end though its kind of pointless, we as people will most likely never understand nor could ever understand how life came to be. Its beyond our level of thinking. as Richard Dawkins put it, we live in middle world. What we see, hear and can touch, is the limit of what we can know. There may be forces far beyond our understanding, but we'll never get to see or understand them.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MjrGlory Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:11 am

Reyes1 wrote:
The basic idea of intelliegent design is that life did not simply evolve in random sequence, but instead has a preset course, sort of like the blue prints of a building. Just like blue prints are use to make a building exactly how it should be, intelligent design would dictate how something would end up. Here's the problem. for the blue prints to have been made, you need an architect to draw them up. So if intelligent design follows a set of 'blueprints', it too would have needed an architect who planned out what the end result of life would be.

someone would have had to engineer life as we know it if intelligent design were true. That may only be my view but i don't see any real way intelligent design can exist without the notion of some type of being designing life as we know it.

Well I don't really see it as if the end result is designed (although perhaps that could be true as well and we don't have a free will after all, who knows...), but more like the beginning. And yes that would probably need some sort of entity or consciousness. I just don't like to use the word god as it implies a lot of preconcieved ideas. My main problem with religion for example is that it provides a closed worldview while I want to be open to everything and I rather believe in infinity than only our 3D world. However, mainstream science is very much the same (as you saw in the documentary) and established powers and ideas seem to reject new ideas as they want to remain in place. I think science so be open to any possibility and not just rule out any other theory than the common accepted one. I mean the worldview constantly chances...
And how different are both theories actually?
1) Bam, god creates the universe, bam, and creates live.
2) Bam, the big bang happens and the universe is created, bam, lighting strikes in a puddle of mud and live is created.

All I see is the incredible complexity and perfection of our world and I can't simply justify that with mere coincidence. And I can't explain it any better, because I just don't know scratch (and also my English is not good enough to word this quite right Razz)

ps: and what is it about human curiousity as to who we are, where we are and where we came from? ....was really wondering that as well. I demand answers right now! lol!
MjrGlory
MjrGlory
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyrannigalox Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:18 am

imo, it was a coincidence.
Tyrannigalox
Tyrannigalox
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:55 am

MjrGlory wrote:
Reyes1 wrote:

Well I don't really see it as if the end result is designed (although perhaps that could be true as well and we don't have a free will after all, who knows...), but more like the beginning. And yes that would probably need some sort of entity or consciousness. I just don't like to use the word god as it implies a lot of preconcieved ideas. My main problem with religion for example is that it provides a closed worldview while I want to be open to everything and I rather believe in infinity than only our 3D world. However, mainstream science is very much the same (as you saw in the documentary) and established powers and ideas seem to reject new ideas as they want to remain in place. I think science so be open to any possibility and not just rule out any other theory than the common accepted one. I mean the worldview constantly chances...
And how different are both theories actually?
1) Bam, god creates the universe, bam, and creates live.
2) Bam, the big bang happens and the universe is created, bam, lighting strikes in a puddle of mud and live is created.

All I see is the incredible complexity and perfection of our world and I can't simply justify that with mere coincidence. And I can't explain it any better, because I just don't know scratch (and also my English is not good enough to word this quite right Razz)

ps: and what is it about human curiousity as to who we are, where we are and where we came from? ....was really wondering that as well. I demand answers right now! lol!

Icedmask! End this debate, tell us the meaning of life and how it began Shocked
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MjrGlory Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:48 am

lol, yeah enlighten us with your almighty and infinite knowledge Razz

Also: "would you eat the moon if it was made out of barbecue ribs?"

edit: ow yeah, he was taking a break. I think our important questions will have to wait..... seems LoM is even affecting us...
MjrGlory
MjrGlory
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:23 pm

Crying or Very sad how will we know if the moon tastes delicious or not now?
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by FilipT Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:43 am

What is the Ultimate Question of Life the Universe and Everything?
Answer is 42, but what's the question?
FilipT
FilipT

Male
Spore Name : FilipT

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:01 am

Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakiara Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:47 pm

Are you going to make a building any time soon so I can feature you in my thread? Smile
Sakiara
Sakiara
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Female
Spore Name : Sakiara

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:54 pm

Are you asking me?
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:02 pm

Sakiara wrote:Are you going to make a building any time soon so I can feature you in my thread? Smile

Trickatel, take Saki up on this... this is just some friendly advice - her thread is awesome and has helped me a lot.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:04 pm

Vektrix wrote:
Sakiara wrote:Are you going to make a building any time soon so I can feature you in my thread? Smile

Trickatel, take Saki up on this... this is just some friendly advice - her thread is awesome and has helped me a lot.

I wasn't sure if she was asking me or someone else Razz

I'll make another building soon Saki Smile Thanks for all the comments, I always make sure to comment back Smile
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next