EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

11 Reasons why Spore Fame is NOT all that great

+35
Drew980
Trick
UltimateZob
Dormin
Didzo
Shardna
jellyman12
Descardion
world_piece
bmpalmann
Illusionary
MarkyDMan
Gen
Vago
OneDeadSlime
Mr. Dr. Prof. Walrus
ProbablynotHax
Andeavor
Sakiara
LoD
Copperlou
MjrGlory
LordRemington
Kevin92
embercoral
Frostmoon
Xaesheir
Mudo
TheBuzzard
TyrannoFan
Icedmask
Vektrix
Tyranidking
Arkanay
SuperLoki
39 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

11 Reasons why Spore Fame is NOT all that great - Page 3 Empty Re: 11 Reasons why Spore Fame is NOT all that great

Post by Arkanay Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:13 am

What if you are a Sporemaster and feel like quitting? Any special procedure you have to go through?

Or do you sign a hell´s contract when you accept the job, bounding your soul to the sporum for eternity? Shocked
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

11 Reasons why Spore Fame is NOT all that great - Page 3 Empty Re: 11 Reasons why Spore Fame is NOT all that great

Post by Vektrix Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:22 am

We just leave, not as if MC is gonna try and track us down Laughing
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Copperlou Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:30 am

Vektrix wrote:
Copper is the only one here that asnwer this (besides slime actually), and that is has being an SM changed people's perceptions of you so much that you just think it is not worth it?

Yea it has. I miss being a "normal user," more fun, less stressful. If I had to make the decision again, I would not be an SM. I've moderated many forums before, but the Sporum is a special little case in terms of moderation and how people react towards it.

Honestly, I laugh at people who say they want to be an SM. It's not all fame, respect, and power which most people think it is. I know I became an SM because I wanted to help people, which I get to do that, but have to deal with the unpleasant cases too.

Lately, I've kinda stepped down from moderating a bit since BB and Slime have come back. BB always seems to catch stuff before me. So now, I only step in unless I need to, which is quite nice(Not meaning to sound lazy, I still do plenty of moderating.)

But yea, to anyone who wants to become an SM. Really, think twice about it. Considering all the cons, it may not be worth it.

Copperlou
Copperlou
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Female

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:11 am

So I heard and thought about. Quite a shame, really Sad
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female
Spore Name : Rebecca1208

Back to top Go down

Post by ProbablynotHax Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:19 pm

Copperlou wrote:

Honestly, I laugh at people who say they want to be an SM. It's not all fame, respect, and power which most people think it is. I know I became an SM because I wanted to help people, which I get to do that, but have to deal with the unpleasant cases too.

Lately, I've kinda stepped down from moderating a bit since BB and Slime have come back. BB always seems to catch stuff before me. So now, I only step in unless I need to, which is quite nice(Not meaning to sound lazy, I still do plenty of moderating.)

But yea, to anyone who wants to become an SM. Really, think twice about it. Considering all the cons, it may not be worth it.

Because they're stupid sheeple. All they care about is the popularity, and the power. they do not take into consideration the work that is implied. This is why the sporemasters are idolized. They're not profoundly more intelligent than the average user, they're not always famous creators. I don't mean this as a put-down, I'm just trying to put it in the perspective that they are idolized for the sole reason that they are in a position of power. Which is pathetic. Most people who want to be a moderator of a forum would suck total ass at it. Why? Because they're the same people who get banned for having a lack of self-control.

BB is hailed for common sense, for being able to distinguish what should be on the sporum, and what shouldn't. With that said, I have seen much more leniency on his part, in comparison to what I normally see. Lowering the bar would be my first guess, considering how many more bans would be due if he did step his game up. I find MC's lack of any moderation to be wretched. I know it's a bit cliche to hate on her, but honestly. If I had to pick two things that are killing the sporum, it would be the influx of stupid noobs and the indifference of MC. It's a cesspool for people who have no idea how to act on a forum, and I honestly feel I get dumber by looking at it.
ProbablynotHax
ProbablynotHax
Regular
Regular

Male
Location : *Generic pseudo-intellectual, melancholy phrase I found on another forum*

Back to top Go down

Post by Copperlou Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:47 pm

But not all SMs are idolized, actually, most aren't. Really, only BB is(And Numerator probably when he was around.) What I've found is many people dislike the SMs being on and working in fear of locks and bans. BB is merely an exception. I know as an SM, I've gotten no more attention than I did as a regular poster/creator(except for the negative attention, some people think I'm too strict, yet others have told me I'm too lenient. A vicious circle.)

Last edited by Copperlou on Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Copperlou
Copperlou
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Female

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Dr. Prof. Walrus Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:53 pm

SuperLoki wrote:Look at the sporepedia now. And all the people fighting to get attention. Why do they do this? They want to be popular and known, get comments and ratings. But is it really that great? (FYI, this is MY opinion on this, not fact)

2. Fun and Games turn into work
When you first started Spore, you were likely to play it, and not instantly know about the popularity thing. Like me, I played the game over and over for months, and I loved it. Like many people, I got bored and began creating. Then I got popular. And now, people expect so much of me. "Make this! Make that! Check my creations! Play my adventures! Give me comments!" So many orders, and yet you're supposed to be the respected leader o.O Where's the fun in this?
Say: Why don't you?, Nay, NO, NEVER!!, and why should I?

Loki wrote:4. You can't always be polite
AND????

Loki wrote:6. You may get stalkers
God, this is a scary thing to go through. If your fans love you enough (or are just that plain creepy) they'll try to find you on other websites, and by doing this, they can get information. People have managed to find my YouTube, DeviantArt, and even my real Facebook accounts just by doing searches - how creepy! And it gets worse! Sometimes you find random people with crushes on you, people you don't know or haven't seen before. When that happens... God, anything you do gets monitored and whined at.
Vewy queepy
Mr. Dr. Prof. Walrus
Mr. Dr. Prof. Walrus
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:06 pm

Copperlou wrote:But not all SMs are idolized, actually, most aren't. Really, only BB is(And Numerator probably when he was around.) What I've found is many people dislike the SMs being on and working in fear of locks and bans. BB is merely an exception. I know as an SM, I've gotten no more attention than I did as a regular poster/creator(except for the negative attention, some people think I'm too strict, yet others have told me I'm too lenient. A vicious circle.)

Your reputation as an SM was tarnished by accusations of favouritism. I must say I saw no favouritism beyond normal levels.

I am a firm believer that neutrality is impossible in all circumstances, I can honestly say I have fallen victim to it with ashkelon. I appear to one of the few who gets along with her, yet I should have warned her about her behaviour when I did not, admittedly had she continued or gone further I would have done, but I should have warned her earlier.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:12 pm

Don't worry about it Vek. It's called Progress Wink
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : warmslime / SporeMasterSlime

Back to top Go down

Post by Vago Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:00 pm

It is impossible to be unbiased completely. There is always something there. I'm not saying you were biased at any point as far as I have seen. Just and SM doing your job. It just seemed to me that some SM's seem to take the job more as a joke and have fun with it. Which of course I Think it perfectly acceptable if they are doing there job right. A joke or two is fine every once and I while. Well what I'm saying is that though you should take the job seriously sometimes you need to crack a joke occasionally to get one with the community. People need to learn that SM's are people too. With feelings and everything.

Actually I find it quite disgusting how people think because someone has power they do everything right all the time. (Not accusing any of the SM's of doing anything wrong) But what I mean is that if you do make a mistake or make even a tiny flaw your suddenly harassed for it. No one ever thanks Mods or Admins for their time and patience. Nobody is perfect. Your not robots. (Or are you. Shocked lol) But I mean nobody ever recognizes volunteers for their jobs. They don't get paid for it. So really rather than harass SM's or even the Maxis team like people seem to do quite a lot. They need to stop and just say thanks really. I'm sure Maxis is up to their eyeballs in things to do and will get around to fixing things when they can. As for the SM's people need to think that your not getting paid and the job isn't all its cracked up to be at times.

Now that sounded really corny, but do you get what I am saying? People have to realize that it isn't the greatest thing and that sometimes you may want to just flip out on some obnoxious kid. (I've never seen this happen, but I'm sure most SM's have wanted to at some point.) So uh... Yeah. People need to thank the Sm'a for their time rather than complain about them or fear them. confused they're still the same creator or person they were before. They have feelings too y'know.

Now THAT sounded really cheesy. Why did I make that so cheesy? Laughing
Vago
Vago
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Omnivex

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:44 pm

Agreed. It's weird that I actually considered making a 'Sporemaster' appreciation day with Eurospore to post on the Sporum, but I know it'd get forgotten in a couple days and people wont bother remembering it.
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Vago Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:58 am

That is true, but it would be worth it to put something together to recognize the SM's sometime. It would likely be forgotten, but I'm sure they's appreciate it... atleast most of them.
Vago
Vago
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:03 am

They probably would. Everyone else...
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Vago Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:04 am

It probably wouldn't float too well with the rest of the Forum. Plus the first post would likely be one of those. "INB4THESPAM!" posts or something like that. *Sigh*
Vago
Vago
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:07 am

If it would, I'd outright tell that person to stfu, because that INB4 crap is spam, off-topic, derailing and sometimes requests a lock of someone else's thread.
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Vago Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:10 am

I agree. It's completely pointless as well. "INB4THELOCK!" If you need to post that I think the thread would have been locked anyway and you don't need to point that out in the spamiest way possible.

Either way the idea would still be good at the time, even if it is forgotten.
Vago
Vago
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gen Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:14 am

Lots of truth in this thread... it burns you out that's for sure.
Gen
Gen

Male
Spore Name : G3NJI

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:16 am

Hey Gen! Great to see you here! You are one of my sig inspirations, man
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : MarkyDMan......obviously :D
Location : Surfing the web... Awesome Points: 99,453,475,463,208,543 Mood: Inspired

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:16 am

Thanks Gen, and welcome to Eurospore. Nice to have you here Smile
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gen Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:19 am

Thanks guys appreciate it... glad to be here.
Gen
Gen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Illusionary Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:20 am

Woah, its G3N.

Nice to see you around.

And nice thread, can't believe I missed it Shocked
Illusionary
Illusionary
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : ghostofillusion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:20 am

Yeah, great to have you here Gen Thumbs Up

Ghost, this is a sticky Smile
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Illusionary Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:22 am

Vektrix wrote:Ghost, this is a sticky Smile

That was some party last night.
Illusionary
Illusionary
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gen Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:23 am

Ghost is too busy owning peoples faces with his sigs to be noticing threads and such. Dudes amazing.
Gen
Gen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Illusionary Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:23 am

Gen wrote:Ghost is too busy owning peoples faces with his sigs to be noticing threads and such. Dudes amazing.
Smile
Illusionary
Illusionary
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next