EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

11 Reasons why Spore Fame is NOT all that great

+35
Drew980
Trick
UltimateZob
Dormin
Didzo
Shardna
jellyman12
Descardion
world_piece
bmpalmann
Illusionary
MarkyDMan
Gen
Vago
OneDeadSlime
Mr. Dr. Prof. Walrus
ProbablynotHax
Andeavor
Sakiara
LoD
Copperlou
MjrGlory
LordRemington
Kevin92
embercoral
Frostmoon
Xaesheir
Mudo
TheBuzzard
TyrannoFan
Icedmask
Vektrix
Tyranidking
Arkanay
SuperLoki
39 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

11 Reasons why Spore Fame is NOT all that great - Page 4 Empty Re: 11 Reasons why Spore Fame is NOT all that great

Post by bmpalmann Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:26 am

Gen wrote:Lots of truth in this thread... it burns you out that's for sure.
Oh i must say I concur
Welcome, heard some great things about you Gen...
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : bmpalmann/ Remyxomatosis

Back to top Go down

11 Reasons why Spore Fame is NOT all that great - Page 4 Empty Re: 11 Reasons why Spore Fame is NOT all that great

Post by Andeavor Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:31 am

Off Topic
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:34 am

I was agreeing with Gen's statement on spore fame Andy Wink
I have found that the more subs i get the harder it becomes to get anything in the MPN, anyone else found this?
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:36 am

bmpalmann wrote:I was agreeing with Gen's statement on spore fame Andy Wink
I have found that the more subs i get the harder it becomes to get anything in the MPN, anyone else found this?

Agreed.

Though I always had trouble with the MPN. Despite reaching #1 11 times and achieving #1 and #2 simultaneously once.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:36 am

I found it harder to reach the MPN ever since copied-adventures and Dargons became The Next Big Thing.

I even made a test a few times. Make a creation I spent time and effort on, and make a Dragon. The Dragon got the most attention, every time.
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female
Spore Name : Rebecca1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:36 am

I think it depends on your activity. Unless I crank out more than 4 or 5 creations I quickly get one or two of them on the MPN, but there have been the one or other exception.

You also have to be really good at what you do.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:45 am

SuperLoki wrote:The Dragon got the most attention, every time.

I'm not surprised.

Just create what you feel like and have a good time with it Smile
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:45 am

Agreed. Hence why I don't bother now Laughing
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female
Spore Name : Rebecca1208

Back to top Go down

Post by world_piece Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:58 am

I remember back in the day when I'd spend hours returning comments. That's how I got my sub count higher. It also helped when I was highly active during the old days. I would imagine it being much tougher now unless you just comment and comment away.

MPN is easy to ignore. Stop going to quality spore, stop going to the MPN on the sporepedia and stop checking for rates.

And really the best way to gain popularity is to make an anti-downrate creation. That formula works every time.

I remember the anti-dragon creation I made. Many lulz were had but I found a TON of people who shared by opinion.

And hi G3, no long time no see brotha.
world_piece
world_piece
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Spore Name : world_piece

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:59 am

Vektrix wrote:
bmpalmann wrote:I was agreeing with Gen's statement on spore fame Andy Wink

Agreed.

Though I always had trouble with the MPN. Despite reaching #1 11 times and achieving #1 and #2 simultaneously once.

Yeah, i've hit the number 1 spot 15 times and got the 1 and 2 simultaneously. But actually getting responses to comments can be really challenging. I actually try and spend time giving good feedback but to no avail.

The worst case for me was when i made an adventure recently. It's still on 11 plays after 2 months or so. My previous adventures have got 70 - 100 and those were a while ago.
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:10 am

You're not alone there, Ben. My adventures barely get any plays too.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:28 am

Yeah Ark, it's the sheer irony of the figures; at the time of releasing that adventure i had 750 subs and i got 11 plays for it.
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakiara Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:59 am

Idk, honestly I haven't really had trouble getting on the MPN Embarassed I have a group of friends and active subscribers that get my creations up there. Don't care about the rates though, I like to read the comments. Adventures are a different story, they are usually ignored.
Sakiara
Sakiara
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Female
Spore Name : Sakiara

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:02 am

I'm still of the opinion that vehicle/ spaceship editors are the hardest to become popular.
And like you Saki i prefer the comments, although they can sometimes be hard to get as well. Saying that i've got 180 comments i haven't approved Razz
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:06 am

bmpalmann wrote:I'm still of the opinion that vehicle/ spaceship editors are the hardest to become popular.

If you mean popular by quality, then I have to say that I believe the adventure editor is the hardest to get popular at.

Because you can easily become popular through stupid methods, like making anti-downrating creations. That, imo, doesn't count.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:09 am

Yeah you might be right on adventure editor (although i was more referring to core spore editors)
And yes popular by quality.
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakiara Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:21 am

Sorry Ben, I don't agree with you. In my opinion, there are a ton more creators that make spaceships then buildings. Out of the building creators, there are only a small handful that are actually popular, and make quality ones at that.

Agree on the adventure part though. Popularity nowadays is just making dragons, pop culture stuff, and whiney crap.

I used to comment back on every comment I received. I'm extremely behind and probably won't start that up again. I feel bad about it Sad
Sakiara
Sakiara
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:31 am

You're right about there being more creators who make ships than buildings.
But the issue is popularity, only fairly recently have more spaceship creators started to come through, yet the top 10 MPN still has more buildings and creatures than vehicles.
The sort of people who tend to sub to vehicle and spaceship creators are rarely active, i've only ever received comments from about 10/800 at any one time, whilst a lot of other vehicle/ship creators hardly get any comments at all (keeping in mind that these are very good creators who put the time in to comment on the work of others). Whilst from what i can tell building editor subs tend to be much more active and creature editor kinda speaks for itself at this point.

NOTE: As a group of people i tend to get most of my comments from the UBD creators
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakiara Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:33 am

lol, I don't agree with anything you said. More ships and creatures on the MPN. But this is offtopic!! Mad
Sakiara
Sakiara
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:40 am

More ships on MPN doesn't equal more fame...

But yeah spore fame sucks Razz
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Descardion Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:55 pm

I am very familiar with this topic. Blargh.

OH GUYS BY THE WAY I'M CREATING AGAIN SEE IF YOU CAN HUNT DOWN MY NEW ACCOUNT! For those of you who know the secret, don't spoil it. :B
Descardion
Descardion
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : Impious_Iron
Location : "'Welcome to my parlor' said the Spider to the Fly..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Illusionary Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:56 pm

Descardion wrote:For those of you who know the secret, don't spoil it. :B
Sad
Illusionary
Illusionary
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : ghostofillusion

Back to top Go down

Post by jellyman12 Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:58 pm

I never had spore fame, so I don't really relate to the OP much
jellyman12
jellyman12
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : jellyman12

Back to top Go down

Post by Descardion Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:59 pm

Superhint: I got two creatons on the front page MP, and I only have 7 so far. Wink
Descardion
Descardion
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : Impious_Iron
Location : "'Welcome to my parlor' said the Spider to the Fly..."

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:30 pm

Descardion wrote:Superhint: I got two creatons on the front page MP, and I only have 7 so far. Wink

Considering its not letting me go onto spore.com, I couldn't guess.

Meh, i probably said it earlier, but i'll say it again. The irony is once I started getting noticed, I stopped caring.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next