EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greatest Video Game Scenes/Missions/Levels

+22
NGin
Shardna
Red-Indigo
LordRemington
Illusionary
Pikachu
sjhorm
MjrGlory
MilkAndCookies
Descardion
LoD
Andeavor
Shadow
Hutch
Tyranidking
Xaesheir
Vereor
Trick
Aletrius
Arkanay
Shiny_Glass
Vektrix
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Greatest Video Game Scenes/Missions/Levels - Page 2 Empty Re: Greatest Video Game Scenes/Missions/Levels

Post by MjrGlory Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:06 am

Evil Genius
The entire game (making bases and traps)

Rome Total War
Building up the best possible army and then rampaging through barbarian territory Razz

Company of Heroes
Online vs human players. Never gets boring.

Halo
The level in the tank and the level where you meet the flood for the first time.
MjrGlory
MjrGlory
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : MjrGlory

Back to top Go down

Greatest Video Game Scenes/Missions/Levels - Page 2 Empty Re: Greatest Video Game Scenes/Missions/Levels

Post by sjhorm Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:15 am

When you fight in the Glitz Pit in Paper Mario 2.
General Guy in Paper Mario.
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male
Spore Name : sjhorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Hutch Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:58 am

"The Bridge" from "The Parish" Campaign from Left 4 dead 2. Basically, you have to run across a bridge to a helicopter which is waiting to save you. Do that while navigating abandoned cars, and half a million zombies going after you. You feel like you're going to dominate everything at first, you start getting worried when one of your friends gets charged off the bridge, and then you are desperately running for your life by the end. I have not seen very many video game levels that can do that.

Last edited by Thestarwarsgeek on Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Hutch
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : Thestarwarsgeek

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:41 am

Basically any good boss fight.

When I was about 10, when I first beat the Shadow Queen in Paper Mario 2, I literally didn't realize it when I stood up and started shaking. My heart rate increased and I had this big grin on my face when I realized I had her beat.

Boss fights are great for adrenaline rushes. Very Happy
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:45 am

That decreases as you get older, Horm. Lol :/
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaesheir Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:46 am

Pretty much the Second half of Crysis.
Xaesheir
Xaesheir
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : xDoomsoulx

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:49 am

Arkanay wrote:That decreases as you get older, Horm. Lol :/

Lol I guess. Old people must have a 'nofun gland'
My heart rate still increases though. ._.
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pikachu Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:43 am

First obtainingg you pokemon in any pokemon game, reach, MSG 2 sons of liberty, lots of cut scenes involving the ninja, revolver ocilot and snake... And codec calls... Because all the funny stuff happens in them... And having to run around naked in arsenal gear... And being able to catch a cold...
Pikachu
Pikachu
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : Stitch1200

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:02 pm

DarkSpore: SRS MissileSpam

Any level in PvE where everyone involved is using SRS-42, with everyone firing missiles and using missile barrage it is hard to actually see what is happening, but a load of explosions and dead bodies afterward is always good.

Pro Evolution Soccer: Long Range Volleys

Scoring from outside the penalty area is quite difficult in pro Evo, it is especially difficult to score volleys, but when they happen it is an amazing feeling.

Freelancer: Smuggling Cardamine or Artefacts

When travelling through Sirius you get scanned by house militaries a lot, however, when you have Cardamine or Artefacts, you begin to get really nervous, as it is illegal to transport these. Managing to get to your detination without detection is quite a buzz.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:29 am

In Fallout New Vegas, when you are at the second battle of Hoover Dam and, if you did the pre-quests, the Boomers' airplane flies over and bombs your foes.
That was a pretty cool, inspiring and slightly unexpected sight.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletrius Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:52 am

The part of Fable II where you are in the Spire.
Aletrius
Aletrius
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Illusionary Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:23 pm

The endings of all the Professor Layton games make me cry. Sad
Illusionary
Illusionary
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : ghostofillusion

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:08 pm

Most of the cutscenes from DevilsMayCry 4 are pretty awesome

First fight between Dante and Nero is a pretty good example.

LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:34 pm

A game that I am very much in love with at the moment is monster hunter tri (for wii) most of the cut scenes are pretty cool but the intro is probably a good place to start:

Considering tis a wii game, the environments are pretty detailled too, its top notch for atmosphere and design.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:22 am

That is a very cool trailer, Red. Actually made me respect wii a little more. Razz
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:31 am

Thanks Very Happy

I used to just play those 'mini game' style games on the wii, with friends and family, but this game made the wii a whole lot more worthwhile. The online multi player is pretty decent too.

Most of the levels have a high replay value, as its essential to the game. The way the game is, the gameplay is never the same either. So I can't really list any 'greatest levels' on it!
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shardna Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:31 am

@Ghost: The Professor Layton games are soo good and the endings to all of them are sad. I could not stop crying to them.

@Indy: I actualy have that game and I'm not too bad at it. Everytime I see a monster like Rathian or even..the deadly Devijo (I don't think that's the right spelling for it), I would liettrely run away from them mostly the super monster Devil thing. I like the environments in it, they are awesome.

I don't really know what best level/mission or scenes are there but I know one personaly myself. In Okami there is one part where you go to this old shipwreck and you need to find something there. I seroulsy get spooked every single time I have to go through that level. I think I would rate that the best level in the game imo.
Shardna
Shardna
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Female
Spore Name : Shardna

Back to top Go down

Post by NGin Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:38 am

The level in Crash of the Titans where you're in N.Gin's factory and he announces "Friday is Hawaiian shirt day" always cracks me up Laughing
I can never get the music out of the cloud level in Spyro: Year of the Dragon out of my head! Still remember it to this day Very Happy
NGin
NGin
Regular
Regular

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:17 am

@shardna: Yay! Another monster hunter! Very Happy Lol, well I'm only at HR30 so haven't yet come across deviljho, can't wait for when I do though, anyway slightly off topic...

Okami, I love that level, the whole game has brilliant cutscenes, especially the scrolls you read in between.

@Ngin: I love that level, I used to run round it just to listen to the music XD
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:06 am

When you reach Creature stage in Spore and the blob does a funny dance. Greatest Video Game Scenes/Missions/Levels - Page 2 Ratings+2
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:22 am

Haha! Yeah, how could we forget that one!?

I love the little bit where you 'mate'. The dances look funny, if not a little 80's disco.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:37 pm

One game cutscene that has always stuck out in my mind is the intro to Mortal Kombat: Deception (Deception being that last good mortal kombat game)

LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:10 pm

Mortal Kombat rules. Nice video, Remz.

---

This is Metro 2033's introduction. I think it's great. What the guy says, the voice, the images, the music... Gives me goosebumps sometimes. Razz

Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:33 am

Looks like a cool game. From what he was saying, it sounded like an underground version of Fallout.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:28 am

Burnout Paradise City: I-88 Road Rage

Driving a big 4x4 at high speed, with boost, the wrong way down a motorway/freeway/express route/autobahn/autoroute trying to avoid getting wrecked, whilst other drivers going the same way as you try to avoid being taken down by you whilst you are avoiding being taken down by them. Let's just say mayhem, epic crashes and few moments of immense fear ensure.

Gran Turismo 5: Formula Gran Turismo

Ok, you have a load of cool cars, some are even supercars, then you get the Formula Gran Turismo - erm, epic speed and braking, and I've been driving a Zonda R or a Furai Concept '08. This car is juts a different league.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next