EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minecraft Texture Packages (in progress)

5 posters

Go down

Minecraft Texture Packages (in progress) Empty Minecraft Texture Packages (in progress)

Post by SuperLoki Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:19 pm

Yesterday I decided to try and make a new texture package. After a ton of trial and effort and the great support and critique of my friends I think I've made a pretty good start. I decided to share with you all the current progress. I've only done a couple of stones, as I've had to redo some stones about 10 times until we were all satisfied.

So far I have done;
- Stone
- Cobblestone
- Coal ore
- Iron ore
- Gold ore
- Diamond ore
- Redstone ore
- Dungeon stone
- Obsidian
- Sand
- Gravel
- Soil
- Soil with grass
- Grass
- Bedrock

My next step is gravel. I plan on redoing all of the textures before giving the package to my friends, to Eurospore, and potentially to everyone.

Here's a new (top) and old (bottom) image of the textures.

Minecraft Texture Packages (in progress) Minecrafttextureedittest028

Minecraft Texture Packages (in progress) Minecrafttextureedittest029

I've also had SniperMonkey tell me I should enter a contest which involves making packages.

Hope ya'll like. I'll come back with further updates. Until then, enjoy this clip Minecraft Texture Packages (in progress) 76233

Minecraft Texture Packages (in progress) Watch?v=j_joxVPNqyE

Last edited by SuperLoki on Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:07 am; edited 2 times in total
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female
Spore Name : Rebecca1208

Back to top Go down

Minecraft Texture Packages (in progress) Empty Re: Minecraft Texture Packages (in progress)

Post by LordRemington Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:28 pm

looks awesome Becca Thumbs Up ...... If only i has Minecraft Sad
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Minecraft Texture Packages (in progress) Empty Re: Minecraft Texture Packages (in progress)

Post by TyrannoFan Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:35 am

Good, but the ores look sorta like stones covered with differently coloured vines.

And the Iron looks like some orange goo... O.o I suggest making it look more greyish, like an iron ignot. Oh, and just so you know, the "dungeon" stone is called "mossy cobblestone".

Still, really good.

And that video shows what magicians use to play Minecraft...
TyrannoFan
TyrannoFan
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : Creaturepre

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:10 am

Weell..... there's an extremely annoying glitch going on with the textures that I can't fix, so that's my pack out and ruined.

Might ask the forums for a fix later, but for now, I'm just gonna be angry.
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:11 am

SuperLoki wrote:I'm just gonna be angry.

Find out a huge stack of clothes and pillows and unleash your inner beast.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:14 am

Heh, that beast has been locked away a loonngg time ago.. ^^'
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hutch Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:00 pm

I actually really like it, I'm running the "browncraft" texture pack, and getting annoyed with how the ores look. So if this becomes a full texture pack, I'll download it.

In general, I like it. The ores look kind of cool, but I think the stone and cobblestone could be a bit more... "Distinct" from each other. At first glance, they look exactly the same which I find kind of boring. But aside from that, all the ores. And the mossy cobblestone look a lot more interesting, compared to the default textures.

if I need to stress it, the mossy cobble would be AWESOME for the ruins I'm working on. The block does really give out that "Ancient" feel, more so than the default version of the mossy cobblestone.

Awesome Job, Becs.

Hutch
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : Thestarwarsgeek

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down