EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minecraft Seeds

4 posters

Go down

Minecraft Seeds Empty Minecraft Seeds

Post by Red-Indigo Thu May 19, 2011 8:45 pm

If you have the beta version fully updated you will know there is the ability to give worlds a 'seed'. Basicly a string of numbers (negative or positive) and text that the game magically transfroms, through Java, into a map. The seed is always the same so other players can input the seed and get the same environment.

I usually write a seed down when using it, just in case its epic and I want it in the future. There is also a blog, 'Mine craft seeds' that gets people to post their seeds.

---

I think it'll be interesting to post any seeds you have come across that are noteworthy, for whatever reason. Let us know what interesting features it has and resources. If you can post screenies that'd be great too Smile

Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Minecraft Seeds Empty Re: Minecraft Seeds

Post by Tufty100 Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:41 am

'nom' is a great seed. There's an abandoned mine, a chasm, mountains, grassland, and at least two villages all quite close to the spawn point!
Tufty100
Tufty100

Female
Spore Name : Tufty100

Back to top Go down

Post by Xeno Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:29 am

Is it an absolute-spawn seed? Most seeds have several possible spawnpoints, at various points on the map, one of which is randomly selected each time the user creates a new world with that seed. Absolute-spawn seeds have only one possible spawn, and that spawn is located at coordinates of (0, 0).

Xeno

Male
Spore Name : Xenopologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Jokie155 Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:41 pm

Found a truly epic seed:

Its a 1.9 PR-5 seed, which spawns you on an island just off a Mushroom Biome! It seems that at 350 blocks away from the centre of the map, it was the closest land to set the spawn

Hope you enjoy this!
Jokie155
Jokie155

Male
Spore Name : Jokie155

Back to top Go down

Post by Tufty100 Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:04 pm

Xeno wrote:Is it an absolute-spawn seed? Most seeds have several possible spawnpoints, at various points on the map, one of which is randomly selected each time the user creates a new world with that seed. Absolute-spawn seeds have only one possible spawn, and that spawn is located at coordinates of (0, 0).
I think so. I found it when I was testing seeds, and after exploring a bit on it, I deleted the 'nom' game and tried some other seeds. After that, I started a new 'nom' game, and it spawned in the same place.
Tufty100
Tufty100

Female
Spore Name : Tufty100

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down