EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS: Osama Bin Laden is dead

+12
TyrannoFan
OneDeadSlime
sjhorm
LordRemington
Didzo
Aletrius
Vektrix
Trick
Arkanay
Andeavor
Illusionary
world_piece
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

NEWS: Osama Bin Laden is dead - Page 2 Empty Re: NEWS: Osama Bin Laden is dead

Post by Aletrius Tue May 03, 2011 1:06 am

At least he realised the game was up then, if that is true.

Although in reality, Bin Laden was, by now, an irrelevance anyway; if he had been killed say, 5 years ago, then this would be far more major, but now it is more symbolic than anything else.
Aletrius
Aletrius
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Descardion Tue May 03, 2011 1:11 am

Well, at least he finally WAS brought to justice. Of course it's less significant, but it's significant none the less. It shows that these people CAN be beaten. No matter how many lives are lost or how many resources are used up... Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. Someday, justice will be served. That's a huge relief to everyone who has been affected by this man, especially Americans.

I feel like this might mark a return to "intelligent intelligence". I agree 100% with Vek, the last decade has been riddled with disinformation and deception. Suddenly, under Obama it only takes 2 months to devise a plan to take out Osama, and it's orchestrated with no casualties and minimal outrage. Honoring Islamic tradition was a huge boon to the U.S., in my opinion. And everyone's feeling great about it, so the economy is actually predicted to heal faster in coming months. That's awesome.

Descardion
Descardion
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : Impious_Iron
Location : "'Welcome to my parlor' said the Spider to the Fly..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Tue May 03, 2011 1:28 am

Vektrix wrote:
I seriously believe Osama Bin Laden died years ago, probably around 2003.

What makes you say that, Vektrix?
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Tue May 03, 2011 1:30 am

Descardion wrote:It sounds like some folks here are trying to find another excuse to belittle America.

If you're indicating at me, then you're wrong. I was stating the facts.
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletrius Tue May 03, 2011 1:31 am

Well, I doubt it will make that much of a long-term difference to the economy, to be honest; but it is certainly a bit of feel good in this world of increasing doom and gloom that we now live in.
Aletrius
Aletrius
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Descardion Tue May 03, 2011 1:35 am

Trickatel wrote:
Descardion wrote:It sounds like some folks here are trying to find another excuse to belittle America.

If you're indicating at me, then you're wrong. I was stating the facts.
Heavens no, not you.
Descardion
Descardion
Regular
Regular

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Tue May 03, 2011 1:46 am

Good, just clarifying my misunderstanding Wink
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Tue May 03, 2011 2:51 am

And by the way, Thomas. Osama actually died a bit like Scarface, if I've heard correctly.

Lol, that made me laugh a bit irl lol.

Well, at least he finally WAS brought to justice.

There wasn't a trial, and I wouldn't say that just because he tried to resist and he was killed he was brought to justice. Although, to be fair, he did take responsibility for 9 11.
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : warmslime / SporeMasterSlime

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Tue May 03, 2011 2:59 am

When i see his body i will believe however things have been said like this before and they have still been alive.
Shadow
Shadow
Exiled

Female
Spore Name : alien7249

http://www.daac.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletrius Tue May 03, 2011 3:00 am

He has been fed to the fishes, supposedly. Likely to prevent hero worship.
Aletrius
Aletrius
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Tue May 03, 2011 3:09 am

All they will do is elect a new leader, won't this provoke more hatred and attacks between the West and the East?
Shadow
Shadow
Exiled

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannoFan Tue May 03, 2011 3:32 am

Vektrix wrote:@Tyranno: How can you bomb a building that does not exist?

Right, I meant 2001, sorry.

And yes, this could possibly cause more hatred, all they really need to do is select a new leader. Well, wars will always exist, you can't stop that. It's sad you can't though.
TyrannoFan
TyrannoFan
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : Creaturepre

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Tue May 03, 2011 3:34 am

Pretty obvious you meant that Tyran.
Shadow
Shadow
Exiled

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by world_piece Tue May 03, 2011 5:44 am

Just because you kill the face of an organization, doesn't mean you killed the organization. Let's not forget Ayman Al Zawahiri (2nd in command).

Bin Laden will always be worshiped by those who followed him and now that he is gone, he will be remembered as a martyr who brought down the US of its high horse.

Afterall, 9/11 did cause a cascading and brutal chain of events.

I just want to know whether Bin Laden is burning in Hell or surrounded by virgins. Or maybe nothing at all? Oooooo
world_piece
world_piece
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Spore Name : world_piece

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Tue May 03, 2011 6:15 am

world_piece wrote:
I just want to know whether Bin Laden is burning in Hell or surrounded by virgins. Or maybe nothing at all? Oooooo

Something like this?

---

Just read on the news here that a site connected to Al-Qaeda promised that they would continue their holy war against the enemies in the West.

Also, just snooped around a little in the internet about this situation and found this:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110502090150AA4BSwb

I'm not showing this link to say it's what I believe in, I'm merely showing it to show that there are a lot of people out there who believe in many different things, included a lot of wacky conspiracy theories.

Good thing for the Royal Wedding that Bin Laden wasn't hunted a couple of days ago.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Tue May 03, 2011 6:24 am

It's amazing what the Americans can do with the PSN down for two weeks Razz
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Tue May 03, 2011 6:41 am

Ark, takes longer than two days to plan an attack. The Royal Wedding, however, you'd have thought would have been a highly considered target by terrorists, not just Al Qaeda. Perhaps five months notice is just too short for terrorists, but well within Royal capability.

Well, I am just a skeptic about most things.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Descardion Tue May 03, 2011 7:02 am

OneDeadSlime wrote:
And by the way, Thomas. Osama actually died a bit like Scarface, if I've heard correctly.

Lol, that made me laugh a bit irl lol.

Well, at least he finally WAS brought to justice.

There wasn't a trial, and I wouldn't say that just because he tried to resist and he was killed he was brought to justice. Although, to be fair, he did take responsibility for 9 11.
You can always count on me to word things in an inane manner! It really isn't a far-fetch'd comparison, though. He tried to go down fighting, and the SEALs obliged. Difference is, he never got to fire a shot.

Also, about the justice thing. Some people really just need to die. He claimed responsibility for 9/11 and masterminded attacks around the globe. And even if he is not directly responsible, the head of an organization tends to be responsible for his organization's actions. He was a monster, and his death provided closure for countless people. It's a good thing.

Now, the hornet's nest has definitely been stirred. But Al Qaida is severly demoralized, and with the popular uprisings as of late they have little to no clout. It will be a while before they're in any position to really organize themselves into an influential organization again. They're definitely not out of commission though, so whether or not they can be routed depends entirely on whether the global community maintains the pressure.
Descardion
Descardion
Regular
Regular

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Tue May 03, 2011 7:53 am

Descardion wrote:

Now, the hornet's nest has definitely been stirred. But Al Qaida is severly demoralized, and with the popular uprisings as of late they have little to no clout. It will be a while before they're in any position to really organize themselves into an influential organization again. They're definitely not out of commission though, so whether or not they can be routed depends entirely on whether the global community maintains the pressure.

I don't think thats how they would view it. WE view it as a major blow to Al Qaeda, they would probably see this as a selling point. To extremists death in the name of their cause is an honor. Yes Osama was highly respected, but his death doesn't mean they have been demoralized. Quite the opposite I would feel.

He's a martyr now, a semi-mythical figure who shook the foundations of western civilization. Now he is a figure for them to rally behind. In my view this could quite possibly only make them stronger as now they can use his death as a way of creating more hatred towards the west in the middle east. Even if it takes them time, they will almost certainly seek retribution for his death.

also I am suspicious of one thing. The place they located Osama was supposed to be some 800 or so metres from a Pakistani military facility. I'd find it hard to believe that no one in the Pakistani government would have suspected anything and been so blind as to not notice an Al Qaeda operation so close to a government facility. According to the CIA reports about the mansion Osama was in, it appeared to be fortified to protect someone of significance. So the fact the Pakistani military showed no interest at all in the place makes me suspicious of whether someone helped shelter Osama.

but they could have just been blind to it, but it just seems a tad sus that they could have been so close and not noticed anything at all.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Descardion Tue May 03, 2011 8:29 am

LordRemington wrote:
Descardion wrote:

I don't think thats how they would view it. WE view it as a major blow to Al Qaeda, they would probably see this as a selling point. To extremists death in the name of their cause is an honor. Yes Osama was highly respected, but his death doesn't mean they have been demoralized. Quite the opposite I would feel.

He's a martyr now, a semi-mythical figure who shook the foundations of western civilization. Now he is a figure for them to rally behind. In my view this could quite possibly only make them stronger as now they can use his death as a way of creating more hatred towards the west in the middle east. Even if it takes them time, they will almost certainly seek retribution for his death.

also I am suspicious of one thing. The place they located Osama was supposed to be some 800 or so metres from a Pakistani military facility. I'd find it hard to believe that no one in the Pakistani government would have suspected anything and been so blind as to not notice an Al Qaeda operation so close to a government facility. According to the CIA reports about the mansion Osama was in, it appeared to be fortified to protect someone of significance. So the fact the Pakistani military showed no interest at all in the place makes me suspicious of whether someone helped shelter Osama.

but they could have just been blind to it, but it just seems a tad sus that they could have been so close and not noticed anything at all.
I've been doing research on exactly that. I've been looking around, and it seems that Osama's popularity was on the decline in the Middle East as a whole. I've also investigated some extremist forums and discovered that they are less in a state of eager vengeance and more in a state of frantic disarray and mourning. Not saying that they're demoralized past the point of no return, but they've certainly been shaken. And not all of him agree with his status as a martyr: He did try to fight back, after all, but other than failing to use his young wife as a meat shield, he died without a fight. Not a single bullet fired. Not exactly the greatest heroic death.

Pakistan is definitely suspicious. I wouldn't say the entire government was backing him in secret just yet, but it's clear that he had someone on the inside, someone he could trust. I mean, COME ON. He was hiding in plain sight in the biggest damn house on the block. If Pakistan wasn't backing him, then it is incredibly embarrassing for them and shows that despite their claims of never harboring terrorists, they sure as hell can't keep them out. And if they were backing him in full... Well, that's a really big can of worms. The U.S. very well might just lose an ally.

It certainly could have been worse, though. I have to hand it to Obama, the plan was brilliant. From what I understand, the U.S. military actually wanted to bomb the house, like they always do. Not only would this have created a lot of casualties, but it also would have destroyed all DNA evidence and would have been seen as an attack on Pakistan, because we all know they had no idea what was taking place. Obama understood this. Instead, he demanded that a small group of special forces be sent in to capture or preferably kill Osama. So, they did, and it was executed almost flawlessly.
Descardion
Descardion
Regular
Regular

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Tue May 03, 2011 9:53 am

There have been several reports since 2001 (I do not know the validity of any of them) that Pakistan has been protecting Osama. If this is true, that would both explain why the military didn't suspect anything and why it was so close to a military facility.

Whilst it is true Al Qaeda's popularity in the Middle East has been waning, i think, like Remi, that this will just serve to help Al Qaeda as opposed to stop them.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by world_piece Tue May 03, 2011 11:09 am

Obama is a puppet and more of a PR rep than a president in this whole thing. His speeches just reek of ignorance.

Why was Osama shipped out to sea so fast? For a man so heavily condemned by both the western and Muslim world, he was still buried within Islamic tradition. Now only a select few got to see the body (and possibly defecate on it).

And I'm sick of seeing the same photos of Osama when he was 15 years younger. He was a sickly old man on dialysis. Whether he had the strength to even fire a weapon is debatable. Not defending him at all, just saying that this all happened so fast that most of the facts probably won't be ever revealed.

world_piece
world_piece
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Spore Name : world_piece

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Tue May 03, 2011 7:14 pm

For the love of Spode, my local news site just won't shut up about the death of Osama. Every other article is about him.

- This is where they found and killed Osama
- Watch Obama watching Osama getting killed
- This is the brave troop that killed Osama
- Doubts about burial at sea

Blah, blah, blah... we get it.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Tue May 03, 2011 8:09 pm

Descardion wrote:*snip*

See but thats what concerns me. Like what Patrick said, about reports of Pakistan supporting Osama, we don't truly know how much influence Al Qaeda still has, reports might say they have lost alot, but when it comes to people who are that dangerous and dillusional I wouldn't risk believing that they are weakened or do not still have a strong influence.. I still for safeties sake consider them as dangerous as they have ever been. Which is why I think people should pipe down and stop gloating about his death.

All I'm saying it they by no means should be under estimated. A snakes head can still bite even when it has been cut off.

I'm just hoping the worst doesn't come out of this really.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Tue May 03, 2011 8:14 pm

Andeavor wrote:
- Watch Obama watching Osama getting killed