EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS: Over 70 dead after bomb and gun attack in Norway

+5
bmpalmann
Icedmask
Vektrix
OneDeadSlime
Andeavor
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

NEWS: Over 70 dead after bomb and gun attack in Norway - Page 2 Empty Re: NEWS: Over 70 dead after bomb and gun attack in Norway

Post by Arkanay Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:12 am

Thanks for keeping us up to date on this, Iroh.

And the guy was even planning to do many other hits on other countries throughout Europe.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Over 70 dead after bomb and gun attack in Norway - Page 2 Empty Re: NEWS: Over 70 dead after bomb and gun attack in Norway

Post by Icedmask Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:52 am

Rumors will have it that he had "a massive contact" with extremists like English Defence Leauge.

Something far more nice that happened today: Over 250 000 people gathered in the center of Oslo alone, all with roses. Also, one minute silence in all three Scandinavian countries was performed today.
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Icedmask

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:20 pm

Arkanay wrote:Thanks for keeping us up to date on this, Iroh.

And the guy was even planning to do many other hits on other countries throughout Europe.

How could that be? You don't just take a gun, kill five dozens of people and walk away.
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : warmslime / SporeMasterSlime

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:39 pm

Iroh wrote:Rumors will have it that he had "a massive contact" with extremists like English Defence Leauge.

Something far more nice that happened today: Over 250 000 people gathered in the center of Oslo alone, all with roses. Also, one minute silence in all three Scandinavian countries was performed today.

The EDL, quite obviously, have completely and utterly denied this and condemned his actions.

A reduction in the death toll? That is a new one on me - I think this shows how unused to stories of this nature Norway is, I don't blame them, because it is such an extraordinary event.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:38 pm

OneDeadSlime wrote:
Arkanay wrote:Thanks for keeping us up to date on this, Iroh.

How could that be? You don't just take a gun, kill five dozens of people and walk away.

Exactly. It's not like he would go around doing these things and people would just ignore it. It's just more evidence that he's a mentally disturbed individual.

According to the news I've seen, he'd been planning this for quite a while and some of his 'targets' included different european people and places.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Icedmask Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:38 am

Vektrix wrote:
The EDL, quite obviously, have completely and utterly denied this and condemned his actions

He listed up several political organizations and individuals from far right that he saw as idols, all of them have denied any connection.

I don't say that any specific organization or individual put him on the idea of massacring political youths, but everyone who are spreading controversial political messages on the Internet should have in mind that people with already a weak mind can pick their ideology up, and use it as a "reason" for violence.

OneDeadSlime wrote:How could that be? You don't just take a gun, kill five dozens of people and walk away.

If you completely lack of empathy and feelings towards other human beings, then I see no problem.

Arkanay wrote:According to the news I've seen, he'd been planning this for quite a while and some of his 'targets' included different european people and places.

He have claimed that the planning already started in 2002 Shocked
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Icedmask

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:03 am

There IS a problem. No matter how you feel about your actions, even if you completely disregard human lives it's still retarded to hope to get away with personally walking over to a camp and killing everyone.
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : warmslime / SporeMasterSlime

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:52 pm

It was shown on the news yesterday that many facebook pages were being created about Breivik - some of them against him, condemning him for what he has done ; while others were worshipping him and I've actually seen one that labeled him as a saint. Don't know if it was trolling but it's still wrong.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:12 pm

That's very wrong. I think people just need to be respectful of the situation really and making some sort of FB frenzy isnt helpful.

The British media is reporting that he had accomplices. How true that is I am not sure, but it may explain why (apart from the fact he is a psychopath) he felt he could carry on the attacks. I hate the way some media is bounding about loose facts and speculations, its really not helpful.

I feel really sorry for the people caught up in this.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:28 pm

Sometimes, I wish FB would just go back to being a basic social network for students and employees without the hoopla of games, groups and other nonsense. It only attracts more hostility and hype over something that isn't even fully comprehended my most users.

I saw people commenting that all Muslims and Jews deserve to die. Prejudice, much? And another person said he wasn't being anti-Semitic but attacked anti-Semitic people, for whatever reasons. But most of all, it's an assortment of rambling and insults without any coherent merit.

Breivik doesn't deserve all the attention he's getting. People are actually doing what terrorists like him want them to do, talk about them. I just hope Norway sends his ass to jail and moves on, remembering what happened but not give in on the craze he's stirred up.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:44 pm

From what I hear, under terrorist laws of the country, he can only go to jail for 21 years, however, under anti-humanitary laws he can go for 30 years. I feel they need to do what the UK does, and have a "Life means Life" policy for both terrorist and crimes against humanity. Also, some serial killers were also committed to "Life means Life" under UK law, such as Myra Hindley and Harold Shipman (who committed suicide).
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Didzo Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:32 am

Didzo
Didzo
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:18 pm

Investigations have found that Breivik sent out a "manifest" email to a number of people, among them six people in Switzerland. One of them, a 22-year old wine seller, describes himself as a fan of right-wing musical groups, holocaust denial, and violent games.

It's sad that some people can't let go and enjoy their life but have the need to waste their time and energy on such unnecessary things. Sad
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2