EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Tri Discussion

+6
Goober09
Kevin92
LordRemington
Shardna
Arkanay
Red-Indigo
10 posters

Page 13 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

Monster Hunter Tri Discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: Monster Hunter Tri Discussion

Post by sjhorm Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:34 pm

I have still yet to fight the Rathian. I'm just too nervous, and I want to farm Baggi weapons and Barroth armor.
Have you guys got any good tips on her?
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male
Spore Name : sjhorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:53 pm

She can seem scary at first, but she's fairly fun once you get the hang of it.

Tips... Hm, well your weapon choice should be somthing you are confident in manovering with because positioning is everything with her. If you can get a dragon or thunder element all the better, if not, whatever has the highest raw damage.

You will 100% need antidotes and dung bombs and bringing a few flash bombs helps. Traps and bounce bombs for when she is in the air (thankfully she does this much much less than los!)

Her weak spot is the head, stand to the side of it if attacking, the front will combo you. Her tail is another good place to aim, not to mention that it comes off!

Her attack pattern is easy to suss, she has to have you infront to start the attack. Notable attacks are, charging at you, the spin on the spot and the posion flip, which she can do in the air and on ground. On the ground its well telegraphed, she tends to do this wierd intake of breath and back up a little. that's your cue to move to the side of her. In the air, you probably won't see it coming so just be careful!

Her most deadly attack is her pin attack, she will hover a bit and put foward a talon when coming toward you, you can guard it or evade it as its fairly obvious. She also does fireballs, somtimes 3 somtimes 1, at long distance they are easy to avoid. The big threat is when she's low on stamina she'll do the fireball but a burst of fire happens and covers a fairly large area, this is harder to evade if you're in the midground.

Apart from that, just be careful not to get caught by her legs, or get cornered, she can combo you very easily.

Good luck! Very Happy

Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:27 am

wow Red, thanks for that advice! Very Happy

I'm still farming armor and such right now.
I hate it when I make a special trip to the Sandy Plains for one item, and I don't get any. D:<
Stupid Fertile Muds and stingy Barroths
and Rathians that randomly drop in and scare me
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin92 Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:15 am

hey guys,
just wanted to say tat i fly to italy for 1 week for my employer Wink so i can't play. if you see me online, than it's my little brother who do some quests for me. you can play with him his own hunter is HR 79, he is good but he can't speak english so well^^ but i think it will be no problem, so just ask him if he could help you with any quests....

now i only have to say: bye bye, see you in 1 week! Waving
Kevin92
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : Kevin92

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Kevin92

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:29 am

No problem Kevin Very Happy If I see your bro I will say hi, I remember playing with him before and he's very good! I would say have fun but it sounds like its for work, so have as much fun as you can while on a work trip Wink

@Sjhorm: No problem. Yea, her and other monsters dropping by are the worst thing. Wait untill you are 31+ and have that problem on every quest with jho Laughing

----

Went on with Shardna for a very little while today! Was fun, we did 2 barrioth, although gigginox kept dropping by... I also found out I should stick to SnSing bari, Im sooo sloow with the lance Laughing Was really good fun, but I am sorry I had to go so soon!
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:27 am

Got my Classic Controller yesterday.
At first I was failing hard, even to get Kelbi, but I'm really used to it now.

Jho looks scary! D: I don't wanna fight it Sad
I don't look forward to getting the Rathian armor, as I have the sinking feeling that I'm never going to get a plate. Monster Hunter Tri Discussion - Page 13 MsgPlus_Img2371
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:04 am

Is the classic controller more comfortable than the mote? Im still worried that if i got one I would be all over the place.

I used to be so scared of jho, but I secretly hope he turns up somtimes Shh

Hm, rathian armour. Its not great, sure it has earplugs, but thats about it thats good for it, its defense and resistances aren't great and you could be using plates on other stuff later on. I never completley forged it and I dont think I missed it much.

If you want to get it though, the rate for plates increases if you capture rathian, but you do have to cut her tail at least. Usually I do tail runs, so just end via sub after carving the tail.

I didnt get a rathian plate untill High rank, I think they are the most annoying item to get at low rank. You'll get there though!

wait... does this mean you went up against the rathian?
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:22 am

Red-Indigo wrote:
wait... does this mean you went up against the rathian?

It does.

I don't know what I was so worried about, lol. I only used like three potions, but I did end up capturing it instead of keelhauling it.
The Hypnos Sword is epicness. I made the Ian fall asleep like three times, which meant you know what; Sleep bombing! Very Happy
I got all the breaks, too.
it kept running off to other areas, and Cha-Cha was always dead when it did >:[
And Rathian is officially my new favorite monster to fight.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the Classic Controller, at first it seems a little awkward, but after one or two Great Jaggi fights, (or any other monster you're good at fighting), you get used to it. Then there's the controls. Once again, at first, you're clueless, but soon you're great with it.
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin92 Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:49 am

hey guys, it's me again Very Happy
my plane got canceled -.- i fly on wednesday morning now Very Happy and indy i'll have fun! Wink

@all: i see that you're talking about the classic controller, if you don't know if you can handle it, just try it and train a bit with it! in my eyes it's much easier ^^
Kevin92
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : Kevin92

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Kevin92

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:36 am

Kevin92 wrote:hey guys, it's me again Very Happy
my plane got canceled -.- i fly on wednesday morning now Very Happy and indy i'll have fun! Wink

@all: i see that you're talking about the classic controller, if you don't know if you can handle it, just try it and train a bit with it! in my eyes it's much easier ^^

Yeah, same.
I thought it was gonna be tough at first, but I'm really good with it now.

Did some online today.
Until some person called my house and killed my internet. DX
But we fought a couple Luddys and I am now HR 5. :B

Since I'm preparing to fight the Lagi, I did an arena Lagi with a guy.
Scary
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:26 pm

Congrats on the rathian! Yeah, she's not so bad, alot of fun to fight really.

Haha, I did a moga rathian with the hypnos sword, I think its that fun feeling of using a different tactic once in a while. Although I rarely use a sleep set now, its extremley helpful for larger monsters.

Also congrats on the rank, how did the lagi go? I generally hate arena, especially water arena. I've only ever done the qurupeco one, the Luddy one and the wyvern trio online.

Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:34 pm

Red-Indigo wrote:Congrats on the rathian! Yeah, she's not so bad, alot of fun to fight really.

Haha, I did a moga rathian with the hypnos sword, I think its that fun feeling of using a different tactic once in a while. Although I rarely use a sleep set now, its extremley helpful for larger monsters.

Also congrats on the rank, how did the lagi go? I generally hate arena, especially water arena. I've only ever done the qurupeco one, the Luddy one and the wyvern trio online.

I really don't like the water arena either, there's no place to fight it on land.
But it was alright. The guy I was playing with was like HR 76, so he was really good at least in terms of skills. The thing seemed unusually strong, though. It killed us at least three times.

lol, online I was scared to play with people from high rank. I couldn't find any cities with people less than HR 35 XD
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:38 pm

Well the game is just over a year and the fanbase doesnt expand much with each game so those on there have been playing for a while. I was dubious like that, I still won't go on the 'Expert' server because Im not 'expert' even though thats the server for my rank xD

You could always try recruiting server and put a 'none' rank in, then people who are HR that join are basily wanting to help. The majority of people are fairly nice anyway, if they don't want to do low ranks they usually say, but at that stage most have cleared all they need to.

Yeah, thats another thing with arena. I know its supposed to be with tactics and all that but the sets they give you are crappy so you end up dying in 2 or 3 strong hits, which is easily done in such a small space. (Plus they never have SnS options...)

Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:04 am

Yeah, I might try the Recruiting. I've just been doing Open, but that might work better.

I found a couple cool guys though. I wish I was done with the stupid 1* quests. @__@

I'll put on a quest,
'go fetch 15 red coral stones'
and then everybody is like
'so-and-so has left the city'
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:10 am

Those gathering ones are the most annoying quests. One, they are boring so you don't really want to solo them and two, when you put them up, no one else wants to help either. I think the 1* quests are the worst because of that.

The Rookie server usually has alot of people doing those quests, you'll probably have more luck there with them. Although recruiting is just as good!

Well good luck with them, once they are over the fun really starts!

Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:18 am

Red-Indigo wrote:Those gathering ones are the most annoying quests. One, they are boring so you don't really want to solo them and two, when you put them up, no one else wants to help either. I think the 1* quests are the worst because of that.

The Rookie server usually has alot of people doing those quests, you'll probably have more luck there with them. Although recruiting is just as good!

Well good luck with them, once they are over the fun really starts!

lol yeah, there was another new guy on the city, so he was doing those too, so I just hitched a ride on his quests because I didn't want to post it XD

must get to 2* quests to escape terrible monotony
I thought it was like offline, where if you finish them all, you move on
so now I just have to fight a bunch of luddy's until HR 9
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:33 pm

That's the way to do it!

Nah, you gotta earn those EXP's. Which is annoying to begin with, especially if you have spent some time offline collecting stuff, as there is nothing to grind for, except getting through it.

The good thing is, that the monsters come along alot quicker than offline so they'll be lots to do once the silly quests are out the way. If you want more points, try some of the event quests, they give a fair chunk.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:55 pm

Red-Indigo wrote:That's the way to do it!

Nah, you gotta earn those EXP's. Which is annoying to begin with, especially if you have spent some time offline collecting stuff, as there is nothing to grind for, except getting through it.

The good thing is, that the monsters come along alot quicker than offline so they'll be lots to do once the silly quests are out the way. If you want more points, try some of the event quests, they give a fair chunk.

Yeah, that could be good. I might do that one with the double Barroths. I need Barroth Shells for the armor, lol

I'll just keep doing the Royal Ludroth capture until I've got HR 9. D:
Although I'm HR 7 now, so it's not too far.

1* quests have the most boring monsters to fight, since there are only three options. Jaggi, Peco, Luddy. Rinse and repeat

Meh, we fought the Urgent Quest Barroth today. We managed to break it's head, but we still ended up failing D:
Also, is there any way to chat besides editing shoutouts?
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:38 am

Yeah, there is. Most people buy a wireless keyboard, which the chat will automaticly pop up with. Or you can use your controller, I press 1 I think to open up the onscreen keyboard. It'll be different for the CC though, so you'll have to get kevin to tell you about that.

Its horribly slow though and can get you in trouble somtimes Razz

Well good luck with the urgent, hope it goes well next time. You could always spam the peco quest and either get it to summon great jaggi for the freehunt bonus points, or for a real challenge, get her to summon ian awesome
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:10 am

Red-Indigo wrote:Yeah, there is. Most people buy a wireless keyboard, which the chat will automaticly pop up with. Or you can use your controller, I press 1 I think to open up the onscreen keyboard. It'll be different for the CC though, so you'll have to get kevin to tell you about that.

Its horribly slow though and can get you in trouble somtimes Razz

Well good luck with the urgent, hope it goes well next time. You could always spam the peco quest and either get it to summon great jaggi for the freehunt bonus points, or for a real challenge, get her to summon ian awesome

Okay, good. Yeah, I kept trying to type while being chased by monsters lol Razz

I tried it on my own...and ran out of time. D: I didn't even think that was possible. Sad But then, I ended up going to a city with a bunch of High Rank people, and they all went on the quest with me. awesome
It was dead in like 7 minutes XD

Heh, the ian would be fun. I missed out on a hunt quest because I only had 25 HRP left till HR 9. -___-

Also, SocialDissonance replied to one of my comments! EEEEEEEE
Laughing
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:16 am

I'm often spotted running in a circle while trying to type too. i should get a keyboard but I don't really want to have all that junk around me as I play...

Well done on the barroth, hehe its awesome when you have people with overpowered weaponary xD

EEEEEEE! What did you ask/say?
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:19 am

Red-Indigo wrote:I'm often spotted running in a circle while trying to type too. i should get a keyboard but I don't really want to have all that junk around me as I play...

Well done on the barroth, hehe its awesome when you have people with overpowered weaponary xD

EEEEEEE! What did you ask/say?

After the latest podcast, I said, "this was hilarious

why didn't I watch your podcasts before? :0"

and he replied

"@sjhorm There are still 23 to catch up with! Get going, that's almost a WHOLE DAY OF SHEPARD!"
Laughing
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:35 am

Laughing that's pretty cool, I think he's a pretty nice person but really couldnt cope with being 'nice' to the extent some people want him to be, with all the 'play with meeee''s he must get!

I remember on one of his podcasts there was a random dude who crashed the room, but he let him stay and play along. Alot of people would be like gtfo and edit it out xD

Still haven't seen the latest... must go watch that.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:15 am

Yeah, I love all the podcasts, although I prefer watching the Tri ones.
I like the randoms that jump in once in a while

I finally got up the nerve to fight the Gigginox.
This guy was definitely tougher than a Rathian. He wiped out nearly all my potions, as I forgot to bring mega potions. >__>
I think Cha-Cha ended up getting the kill Razz
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:40 am

Awesome, I love it when cha cha gets the kill. Although, I was trapping a barioth once, he was asleep with a trap next to him and I was just gonna wake him with a tranq. Before I get the chance Cha's little boomerang goes whizzing past and the quest complete screen appears -_- CHA CHA... Fuuuuu....

Congrats on the giggi though, especially with the lack of mega pots. I was so so scared of it when I first went up against it. Its a fun fight but scary if you're not sure what to expect.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next