EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DARKSPORE OFFICIAL PROOF AND EA SHOWCASE ONLINE NOW

+20
Hutch
Creagenese
Doomnova
Billith
Kevin92
Lumorei
NGin
Icedmask
Shrooblord
OneDeadSlime
Pikachu
Vektrix
FilipT
bmpalmann
MilkAndCookies
die876
krechur
LordRemington
Arkanay
Tyrannigalox
24 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

DARKSPORE OFFICIAL PROOF AND EA SHOWCASE ONLINE NOW - Page 4 Empty Re: DARKSPORE OFFICIAL PROOF AND EA SHOWCASE ONLINE NOW

Post by Icedmask Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:03 am

Reyes1 wrote:Everyone in the spore community feels abondoned by maxis and Darkspore seems to be proof of that. They no longer want to cater to the creative market and instead go the popular RPG route.

It's sad, I start to feel more and more disappointed over Darkspore. It looks like a good RPG game, but it's not a spore game. Has it really anything to do with classic spore at all? Where is the creativity?

It's not over before I play the game myself, it's a lot of rumors now.
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Icedmask

Back to top Go down

DARKSPORE OFFICIAL PROOF AND EA SHOWCASE ONLINE NOW - Page 4 Empty Re: DARKSPORE OFFICIAL PROOF AND EA SHOWCASE ONLINE NOW

Post by Pikachu Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:19 am

we should hack into the maxis computers and and forcibly download the creature creator into the game.
Pikachu
Pikachu
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : Stitch1200

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:43 am

Another video interview regarding more info on the game

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/unique-abilities-darkspore/701951
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:18 pm

More info is breeding more desire not to buy it.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino589 Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:46 pm

bmpalmann wrote:I'm disappointed by the fact there is very little in the way of editors...... Crying or Very sad
Vektrix wrote:More info is breeding more desire not to buy it.
^ These
When the first info came out a while back, I didn't get my hopes up and was quite skeptical. But, the more I keep seeing, the more I become disinterested. Quite frankly (though its already been said), it seems to have lost practically all its ties to Spore. And, the only thing in the way of editors is apparently just an advanced version of the Outfitters (which, along with the Bulding editors, I barely touch anyway). Only thing about it that I'd be interested in is if they decided to release the 'new' Creature Editor that the characters are being made in.
Dino589
Dino589
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : Dino589

Back to top Go down

Post by Icedmask Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:51 pm

Arkanay wrote:Another video interview regarding more info on the game

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/unique-abilities-darkspore/701951

Looks like a pretty cool RPG, but not a spore game. Looks like we will have to wait for the real follow-up from classic spore.

But the girl is so cute, so I will definitely buy this Razz
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:04 pm

Icedmask wrote:
But the girl is so cute, so I will definitely buy this Razz

Laughing

Dino: Yeah, it really doesn't have much to do with Spore. Still, it might be a game I'll enjoy so I'm waiting to see more aswell.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Icedmask Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:44 am

Seriously, it was a great move to hire a cute looking gaming engineer. Now the game is going to be even more popular Razz

Maxis's new strategy?
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:58 am

It's true.

Gamers (which are mainly males) will pay more attention to a decet looking girl talking about a game, instead of a bald guy with a goattee and grandmom glasses.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:42 am

More intel:

http://comic-con.gamespot.com/story/6270903/darkspore-germinating-at-comic-con

Quote/Takeaway: "This is not a sequel to Spore. It's not an expansion pack. It's a brand new game."--Thomas Vu
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:10 pm

So they do realise, by saying, it has nothing to do with spore, majority of there original fan base is now gone and they will have to hope that enough other people, people into RPG like the concept of Darkspore. Risky and stupid might I say maxis
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Shardna Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:35 am

The Trailer is awesome alright but I am not sure about that it will have better creature editing. I mean you just can't get your hopes up with that kind of thing. Will have to see if its worth it first before we jump ahead to get it. For now we must bide our time and see.
Shardna
Shardna
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Female
Spore Name : Shardna

Back to top Go down

Post by Icedmask Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:37 am

When it comes to Darkspore, then the creature editing and creating are reduced to almost 0, I feel left down.

I'm consider buying it, maybe not =/
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

DARKSPORE OFFICIAL PROOF AND EA SHOWCASE ONLINE NOW - Page 4 Empty DarkSpore

Post by Shardna Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:39 am

Icedmask wrote:When it comes to Darkspore, then the creature editing and creating are reduced to almost 0, I feel left down.

I'm consider buying it, maybe not =/

Well will have to see won't we?
Shardna
Shardna
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Female
Spore Name : Shardna

Back to top Go down

Post by Icedmask Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:48 am

True =) But so far they have only focused on the RPG bit, if there is some good creating functions, and then I mean creating not outfitting, then they would have announced it long ago..

This sounds like any other RPG game Ive played, just with some Spore inspiration. Incredible ridiculous by Maxis, try to trick the original spore fan base to buy an RPG game, they haven't listen to us at all =(
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostmoon Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:52 am

Icedmask wrote:True =) But so far they have only focused on the RPG bit, if there is some good creating functions, and then I mean creating not outfitting, then they would have announced it long ago..

This sounds like any other RPG game Ive played, just with some Spore inspiration. Incredible ridiculous by Maxis, try to trick the original spore fan base to buy an RPG game, they haven't listen to us at all =(

You know, maybe Darkspore is Maxis Gathering up money for Spore 2? I bet Spore 2 would actually be quite expensive to make. So, make a rpg, gather in money and make Spore 2. I heard EA cut Maxis's budget, but that might not be true.
Frostmoon
Frostmoon
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : Froststar

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Froststar

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:25 am

Excellent point, Froststar, I haven't even though it from that angle. But I still think that EA would have the overhand. Now if Maxis makes money off Darkspore, EA still has overhand what to do with it since they own the company.

Problem is, Maxis has been falling apart ever since Spore came out. First, they left the Sims franchise in the hand of an EA-base branch, previously the SimCity series was put in the care of Tilted Mill who single-handedly destroyed the best city simulator in their debut and with Spore moving into the RPG-world right after most of the original developers - including Will Wright - were let go or left on their own good, it won't be long until Maxis realizes their new venture was a failure and EA will close it down completely.

If it weren't for the big kahuna, EA wouldn't have screwed up the best video game developers in the past 10 years. Sad
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hutch Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:11 am

No, this is just a pathetic attempt by EA and maxis to rake in some income. Since this game is pretty much going against half of the spore fanbase, only the little kids who see anything with the name "spore" on it will buy it. I can't get hyped about it, so I will never buy it. Then Maxis might switch all their efforts to darkspore, the spore community will then become more messed up, with more trolls and downraters and whiners who take it WAY to seriously *Cough cough TECHNO cough Cough* more people will leave the game, and then we will get a rather unhappy ending to spore.

Way to go EA, you are on the way to killing another developer.

Hutch
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : Thestarwarsgeek

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4