EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MC EuroSpore Server - Beta 1.2 in - Server wont work with it! Update if you want it

+11
Lord_Lonestar
MjrGlory
Trick
ArticShock
Vago
sjhorm
Tyranidking
Lumorei
TyrannoFan
MarkyDMan
SuperLoki
15 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

MC EuroSpore Server - Beta 1.2 in - Server wont work with it! Update if you want it Empty MC EuroSpore Server - Beta 1.2 in - Server wont work with it! Update if you want it

Post by SuperLoki Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:35 am

HMod Update
User Groups:

• Admins control the server. They can spawn anything, create warp points, and even play with other people's inventory.
  • Mods
    can spawn anything and teleport users, but are still bound by certain
    rules. They are second in command, and enforce the server's rules.
  • VIP are able to spawn nearly anything, edit the world, and teleport where ever they wish. They have almost all freedom.
  • Default are users without any special permissions or boundaries. However, they can not edit the world.
  • Banned users are still able to walk among others, but can not use any commands or edit the world.
Changed Commands:

• /give is now /item . . . /item 1 64 or /item USER 1 64
  • /tp YOU USER is now /tp USER
  • More to be posted as more are revealed...

New Features:

• Coloured names!
  • /home and /spawn are finally back! You can also set your own home spot by entering /sethome
  • Travel in no time across the world by warping to different places. Type in /listwarps to see the places available.
  • Message of the Day!
  • Use the /compass or /getpos (get position) to determine where you are, or check the /playerlist to see who you're connected with.
  • /clearinventory to quickly destroy your possessions.
  • And soon more!
Banned Items:

• Bedrock (7)
  • Water Spawners (8, 9, 79, 326)
  • Lava Spawners (10, 11, 327)
  • Fire Spanwers (51, 259)
  • Obsidian (49)
  • TNT (46)
  • Mob Spawners (52, 344)
How to Join the Server
First, you'll need to download a Hamachi Client. This is so you can join my private network and see my IP. This is critical to getting onto my Minecraft Server. Download the client (it doesn't matter which) and wait for the installation to complete. Once finished and opened the client, click on "Network", "Join an Existing Network..."

Network Name: DarkEdge-Minecraft
Password: ihavepermission

Look out for the name called "Becca-PC" or "Becca-Netbook". Copy that IP address into Minecraft Multiplayer. Then you should be in. When you connect to Hamachi, use your SPORE NAME, or something I shall recognize as you. Unrecognized users will be continuously removed. Also, it's polite to ask to join first.
Server Rules:

• The following objects are absolutely banned. Do NOT ever use without permission Bedrock, Fire Spawner
  • These objects are not to be used without a Moderator's permission. Use them carefully, and only with permission Obsidian, TNT, Water Spawner, Lava Spawner, Mob Spawner
  • When using TNT, only use it in small doses. Large chains can damage the server and map.
  • Never ever impersonate a user. This includes alternate accounts or simple lies.
  • Please do not speak through the console. It is for the Server Administrator only.
  • Everyone is an OP - This comes with trust. Break the trust, and you'll lose your OP.
  • If you abandon a project, please destroy it. I don't want my server to be messy.
  • We kindly ask that you do not take over the land with your own work, claim ownership of someone else's work, or to construct/modify other models without the owners' permission.
  • Be nice, and have fun.
Consequences:
Consequences vary, depending on the actions and history.

• First punishment is to have OP rights removed. This means you are still on the server, but you can't remove or spawn objects.
  • Continuation of offense(s) will land you in the Prison. You are still connected to the server and may use chat, but you are unable to move out of the Prison.
  • Continue offense(s) or greater offense(s) shall earn you a minimum 12 hour ban. Provided, that someone is around to unban you.
  • Constant abuse and rule breaking shall cause a 1-8 weeks ban.
  • Attempts at overriding the ban result in IP-Bans.
  • At worst, perma-IP bans. Your content might even be removed.
Users:
Since our small community is growing, it's good to know who we'll be mining with.

• SuperLoki (Rebecca1208/DarkEdgeTV)
  • Jakka777 (Tyranidking/Nidking & Jakey)
  • MarkyDMan
  • TyrannoFan
  • Trickatel
  • MjrGlory
  • sjhorm & iyronrain
  • Mysteryem
  • ArticShock
  • Valvartia (Omnivex)
  • lonestar4
  • Emoticone11
  • Jomeaga
  • Luario
  • Raptordavid
  • elliotxc
Moderators:
You become a Moderator by being a trusted person with a clear record, and agree to being a Moderator. You are offered or suggested, not asking for it.

• SuperLoki
  • MarkyDMan
  • Jakka777 (Tyranidking)
I've created an alpha/beta server for everyone as promised.

But I need help first. Can anyone who has a Hamachi Client (needed to connect) please test it out, first? If this part doesn't work then the server is screwed.

For Hamachi server information (log in and password) I'll send you a PM. When you connect, you'll see my name (Becca-PC) and my IP. Use that IP in the Multiplayer tab in Minecraft.

If you can't connect on Hamachi, or if my server wont allow Hamachi users, then something is quite wrong.

If it all goes well, then there we go - Your very own EuroSpore (and maybe YouTube) server to play around in.

Last edited by SuperLoki on Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:35 am; edited 9 times in total
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female
Spore Name : Rebecca1208

Back to top Go down

MC EuroSpore Server - Beta 1.2 in - Server wont work with it! Update if you want it Empty Re: MC EuroSpore Server - Beta 1.2 in - Server wont work with it! Update if you want it

Post by MarkyDMan Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:36 am

Where can I find Hamachi and what is it?
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : MarkyDMan......obviously :D
Location : Surfing the web... Awesome Points: 99,453,475,463,208,543 Mood: Inspired

Back to top Go down

MC EuroSpore Server - Beta 1.2 in - Server wont work with it! Update if you want it Empty Re: MC EuroSpore Server - Beta 1.2 in - Server wont work with it! Update if you want it

Post by TyrannoFan Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:39 am

Hamachi sounds like a familiar name... what is it again?
TyrannoFan
TyrannoFan
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : Creaturepre

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:39 am

The Hamachi Client is a kind of server that connects people together, and their Hamachi-IP addresses become visible. It's a very good tool to use when connecting into multiplayer games without a domain name (like my friends server).

You can get the client here: https://secure.logmein.com/US/products/hamachi2/ OR https://secure.logmein.com/US/products/hamachi2/licensing.aspx

The only annoying thing is that it involves a bunch of downloads of which I can not completely remember, but it's served me and my friends no trouble computer-wise, and no viruses.

"100% free for non-commercial use with up to 16 clients. Perfect for gamers and home networking. 14-day evaluation available."

So far, this is the only way I know to connect to other servers with an IP address and not a domain name MC EuroSpore Server - Beta 1.2 in - Server wont work with it! Update if you want it 44312 But, it works.
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:41 am

WAit, every 14 days i have to re-download it?
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Location : Surfing the web... Awesome Points: 99,453,475,463,208,543 Mood: Inspired

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:42 am

Argh, that must be why that happened to me.

Yes, but from my own experience, after the first installation, downloads are quick and easy.
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:42 am

M'kay

Wait, do I want managed or unmanaged?
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:43 am

Right now, I really do wish I had my own domain. Things would be so much easier Hard Work However this way should work, too. Just a little more complicated at first.
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:44 am

Hang on, I have a domain ^^ Will any domain do?
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumorei Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:44 am

MarkyDMan wrote:WAit, every 14 days i have to re-download it?

That's what I was thinking.

And because of me being a lazy bum, I'm not doing it. I'll just be on World Of Minecraft.
Lumorei
Lumorei
Exiled

Female
Spore Name : Lumorei / Unpronouncable

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Lumorei

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:45 am

I think so - If you can find a way to connect that domain to a Minecraft account then yes it should.

I have no idea how that bit works, however Elliot and Andy would, but they're not registered on this forum :s
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:48 am

Ask them on MSN if you can, but ask them whether it has to be dedicated. It's also used on a website, so ask if that matters
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:49 am

I just sent him a message. His status is Busy, but, here's to hoping he's not too busy.
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannoFan Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:49 am

Installing right now.
TyrannoFan
TyrannoFan
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:52 am

Great, Tyranno.

Okay, good news. I've updated my Minecraft-server client and I connected instantly so at least that works in case the domain part doesn't.

Elliot doesn't seem to be replying D:
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannoFan Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:53 am

May I have the PM for the ID and Password?
TyrannoFan
TyrannoFan
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:57 am

Sent (and I see you connected successfully)

I had to fix something with the Minecraft server. Rebooting now, and it should be all good.

Fingers crossed you can connect, too!

EDIT: It works! Very Happy
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannoFan Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:59 am

Works great!
TyrannoFan
TyrannoFan
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:00 am

Fantastic, thank you Smile

Right then! If anyone would like to connect, simply (and unforunately) get a Hamachi Client, I'll PM you the password and then you can connect in Minecraft :3
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:04 am

Have you got a spare £5.98 Loki?

http://www.123-reg.co.uk/order?domain=euromine.co.uk&search=SEARCH&ajax_enabled=true#

2 years domain of euromine.co.uk? I can't buy it because I already have a domain, but someone else might be able to.........early christmas present?
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannoFan Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:11 am

So when can we play on your server, Becca?
TyrannoFan
TyrannoFan
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:14 am

When ever you want, when ever I've loaded it up Smile
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:16 am

WHich Hamachi did you get Tyranno? Managed or unmanaged?
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannoFan Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:16 am

Unmanaged.

I don't know if it made a difference...

GAH! Dang zombies!
TyrannoFan
TyrannoFan
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:19 am

Do you want me to remove monsters and/or animals?
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next