EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MC EuroSpore Server - Beta 1.2 in - Server wont work with it! Update if you want it

+11
Lord_Lonestar
MjrGlory
Trick
ArticShock
Vago
sjhorm
Tyranidking
Lumorei
TyrannoFan
MarkyDMan
SuperLoki
15 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

MC EuroSpore Server - Beta 1.2 in - Server wont work with it! Update if you want it - Page 13 Empty Re: MC EuroSpore Server - Beta 1.2 in - Server wont work with it! Update if you want it

Post by SuperLoki Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:47 am

How is it for computers? Ever since hmod, Nidking is getting BSoD's and I can barely use the computer.
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female
Spore Name : Rebecca1208

Back to top Go down

MC EuroSpore Server - Beta 1.2 in - Server wont work with it! Update if you want it - Page 13 Empty Re: MC EuroSpore Server - Beta 1.2 in - Server wont work with it! Update if you want it

Post by Mysteryem Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:04 am

I doubt it's solely hmod related. The sheer volumes of people who had no problem with it is rather convincing evidence personally.
Have you thought about cleaning up your pc? Doing a disk defrag for example.

So Nidking hosted an hmod server too and is now getting bsods?

If it comes down to it, I might be able to host for a while, but I don't know what kind of strain having a reasonable amount of people on the server will have on my machine. As well as that, the times that the server would be online would be different.

Considering Minecraft is a Java program, you might want to check that you have the latest version.

To be honest, I'm no tech support, but if problems persist, why not open a thread in the technical help forum? I'm sure other people will have things to suggest.
Mysteryem
Mysteryem
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : Mysteryem

http://www.mysterymayhem.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:17 am

Nid gets BSoD whenever he logs into my server, after Hmod. I also didn't get such huge problems until after I installed it. The problems only happen when I'm running the server. Right now, for example, all is well.

I'm gonna get my computer formatted soon, so I guess I'll wait 'til then, when it's nice and better.
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mysteryem Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:06 am

Perhaps check you're not running low on memory Loki.
Open task manager without the server running and switch to the performance tab. Then load up the server and look for differences in the page file usage.

Here, for example, is the point that I started running minecraft:
MC EuroSpore Server - Beta 1.2 in - Server wont work with it! Update if you want it - Page 13 Scup35
As you can see, the PF usage increases.

I have 4GB RAM so I don't have much of a problem having minecraft and other programs running at the same time.
Mysteryem
Mysteryem
Regular
Regular

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:43 am

MC EuroSpore Server - Beta 1.2 in - Server wont work with it! Update if you want it - Page 13 ComputerPerformance-Minecraft01

Roughly the right things happening there. Max'd out at about 2.30ish.
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mysteryem Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:51 am

It doesn't seem to be a memory problem then, this assumes that everything else was still running slowly, as you had described earlier.

Though, that last core seems a bit worrying, I don't think it should be that high in comparison to the others.
Edit: Nah, nothing wrong with that.
Mysteryem
Mysteryem
Regular
Regular

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:13 am

Mysteryem wrote:Sorry about the abrupt end there sj, in-browser minecraft froze my computer after I went out of fullscreen when it was glitched up, so I had to restart.

Oh, it's alright. Smile

I like Bone Meal lots
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male
Spore Name : sjhorm

Back to top Go down

Post by die876 Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:48 pm

i'll try connecting or whatever later.
die876
die876
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : die876

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:29 am

I just saw a spider crawl up the wall outside of my house.

Then I went outside later on and put a torch up outside...AND THEN IT JUMPED ME
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:59 am

How do you turn monsters off on a server?
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mysteryem Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:06 am

sjhorm wrote:How do you turn monsters off on a server?
spawn-monsters=false in server.properties
Mysteryem
Mysteryem
Regular
Regular

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:07 am

Mysteryem wrote:
sjhorm wrote:How do you turn monsters off on a server?
spawn-monsters=false in server.properties

Thanks. Smile

And how do you add yourself to admins.txt? I don't know what to type. Razz

Ah, I just opped myself through the console. It's all good. Razz
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by die876 Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:05 pm

It says your servers full Loki, is there any other way to connect?
die876
die876
Regular
Regular

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:33 am

Hmm, I should get back to playing MineCraft.

Hows the new server doing?
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mysteryem Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:22 am

Well, my server is up and running and will probably be getting all of it's plugins updated and possibly a new one added.
Mysteryem
Mysteryem
Regular
Regular

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannoFan Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:50 am

I made my own server, but it's only accessible to my friend and me. I could maybe make it a server that anyone of you can go on, but only after we do a little thing. A co-op LP of Minecraft. I may have said this before but yeah. In case Mysteryem's server goes off.
TyrannoFan
TyrannoFan
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : Creaturepre

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:06 am

What's an LP?

Also:
MC EuroSpore Server - Beta 1.2 in - Server wont work with it! Update if you want it - Page 13 2011-02-02_203746
Surprised
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannoFan Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:12 am

"Let's Play"

Can't believe you haven't heard of it. It's basically a fun walk-through. The person that does the LP can choose if they want to get something or not and also usually has a mic on. A walk-through is usually showing every bit of the game and usually has no speech.

Also, that creeper thinks that that is its god! It is praising on top.
TyrannoFan
TyrannoFan
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:18 am

Oh, I've seen Let's Play before.
I just didn't know LP Razz
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannoFan Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:21 am

Oh, okay. Well, it's just an abbreviation.
TyrannoFan
TyrannoFan
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by die876 Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:29 pm

is anyone running a survival mode server?
die876
die876
Regular
Regular

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mysteryem Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:05 am

I was, but with mobs is was lagging too much to be that good.
Mysteryem
Mysteryem
Regular
Regular

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13