EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MC EuroSpore Server - Beta 1.2 in - Server wont work with it! Update if you want it

+11
Lord_Lonestar
MjrGlory
Trick
ArticShock
Vago
sjhorm
Tyranidking
Lumorei
TyrannoFan
MarkyDMan
SuperLoki
15 posters

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

MC EuroSpore Server - Beta 1.2 in - Server wont work with it! Update if you want it - Page 10 Empty Re: MC EuroSpore Server - Beta 1.2 in - Server wont work with it! Update if you want it

Post by SuperLoki Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:07 pm

I know that's not the case, since I've been on other modded servers before, but even if that was it, it wouldn't explain why it wont work for me.
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female
Spore Name : Rebecca1208

Back to top Go down

MC EuroSpore Server - Beta 1.2 in - Server wont work with it! Update if you want it - Page 10 Empty Re: MC EuroSpore Server - Beta 1.2 in - Server wont work with it! Update if you want it

Post by Vago Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:08 pm

Maybe you could save the map and try with a fresh server.
Vago
Vago
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Omnivex

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:12 pm

I did.
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Vago Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:13 pm

Strange. I've never modded anything so I can't really think of anything else. Sorry.

Unless you don't get exactly what I mean by save and get a new server.
Vago
Vago
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:15 pm

I understand, it's fine. I have some experience in modding Minecraft, and I've done a whole bunch of changes and modifications, both from instruction or my own experimentation. Also tried to get some help. Even the most basic thing like changing name colours or spawning objects doesn't work.

Mad :s
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:21 pm

Bummer. Sad
Ah well. Look on the bright side! You uh...We...Hmm...I really don't see any bright side. My optimism has failed. Sad
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male
Spore Name : sjhorm

Back to top Go down

Post by ArticShock Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:52 pm

ArticShock
ArticShock
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : ArticShock

Back to top Go down

Post by Vago Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:53 pm

Its been so long since I've heard that song.
Vago
Vago
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:30 pm

SuperLoki wrote:Well that was a horrific disappointment :/ The bloody thing wouldn't even work, my friends who have their own modded servers didn't know what was wrong either.

Fudge Sad
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mysteryem Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:32 pm

Loki, when loading up the server you should see [INFO] Hey0 Server Mod Build 133 in the log, if not, then it's not loaded, in which case you're probably running minecraft_server.jar instead of Minecraft_Mod.jar. I just got it working connecting from this computer to my laptop.

The more information you can give me, the better.

Edit: going to see about getting the plugins installed now
Mysteryem
Mysteryem
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : Mysteryem

http://www.mysterymayhem.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:01 pm

I've read and reread two of the README texts and the website info. I tried to do what I could from that and it didn't work. Tried to do my own thing and it didn't work.

At first I ran minecraft_server.jar, got all the files, did what I thought I needed, and it absolutely wouldn't work. Deleted it all, redownloaded, tried Minecraft_Mod.jar, and in the end, the best I could get out of it were the very very basics of the hmod feature - The ability to do /home, /spawn, and /warp. I couldn't even colour names, successfully add myself to admins or even spawn objects.
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mysteryem Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:11 pm

Did you add youself as an admin in users.txt?
edit: and uncomment the line?
since by default, normal users can't spawn items.
Mysteryem
Mysteryem
Regular
Regular

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:38 pm

Did you back up the files?
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:41 am

Mystery- Yep. And what do you mean by Uncommenting the line? If you mean the # I didn't add that in.

Trick- Yeah.
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mysteryem Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:56 am

The # comments out the line, removing it uncomments it.

Could you perhaps zip your bin folder (don't include the world folder) so I can take a look at it?
Mysteryem
Mysteryem
Regular
Regular

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:17 am

First time I've done this. Let's hope I've done it right.

http://www.mediafire.com/?aapwft6df1lmt7c
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mysteryem Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:49 am

The mod doesn't look like it's updated your server.properties since:
My server.properties:
MC EuroSpore Server - Beta 1.2 in - Server wont work with it! Update if you want it - Page 10 2gxnpdk
Yours:
MC EuroSpore Server - Beta 1.2 in - Server wont work with it! Update if you want it - Page 10 Bhnlg5
In your groups.txt there are loads of commands that have been assigned to different level users, do you have all of them installed? If not, there might be problems there.
MC EuroSpore Server - Beta 1.2 in - Server wont work with it! Update if you want it - Page 10 Eughub

Users.txt has a wierd character right at the beginning of it, I suggest removing it.
I also just replaced "#Adminfoo" with my name, but I doubt that would make a difference.
MC EuroSpore Server - Beta 1.2 in - Server wont work with it! Update if you want it - Page 10 2r7osjb

I'm going to slowly add your settings onto my local server until something doesn't work. I don't know for sure if any of this is causing problems, but I can guess.
Mysteryem
Mysteryem
Regular
Regular

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:05 am

I can't understand why some of it didn't download properly. But thanks for pointing all of that out.
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mysteryem Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:17 am

Well, I copy and pasted the entirety of your bin folder. It worked fine, upon loading, server.properties was updated and it generated a new world. Though, it would appear that hmod removes op powers.
Mysteryem
Mysteryem
Regular
Regular

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:18 am

How strange...
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:28 am

[cue Twilight Zone music]

That's really odd. Couldn't you copypasta the updated server information for your server?
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:19 am

I have tunnel problems with everyone on the server...

My Hamachi client stopped working today, so I replaced it with another, different version. It turned out crappy, so I installed the version I used before. Could that be the case?
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mysteryem Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:10 am

Loki, here is my bin.rar: bin.rar
Mysteryem
Mysteryem
Regular
Regular

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannoFan Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:04 am

How come I can't connect at 10 pm? Beck's PC seems on.
TyrannoFan
TyrannoFan
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : Creaturepre

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:06 am

TyrannoFan wrote:How come I can't connect at 10 pm? Beck's PC seems on.

Oh good, I was worried it was just me.
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next