EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minecraft Servers

+14
Didzo
Xenologist
MarkyDMan
Lord_Lonestar
Jeff
Trick
Vago
Arkanay
LoD
Red-Indigo
LordRemington
sjhorm
Iridescence
RemyPas
18 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Minecraft Servers - Page 7 Empty Re: Minecraft Servers

Post by Red-Indigo Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:02 pm

Magic sounds awesome Trick Very Happy Although a little dangerous too, lol.

---

Just a little update on Remy's server.

If you haven't come over to check it out yet, but end up doing so, don't be alarmed when you end up in a bedrock encased biome. It's Citizenville, where we now contain new guests. Mentioning that you are from ES or the Sporum might get you out of there Razz

Basicly we ask guests to build in there, and when they are done we move their house or delete it depending on what they want to happen with it.

Reason for this? Well some idiot called us out over team avo's youtube channel. God knows what reason. We had all the lovely little avo fanboys and girls come to play, using the code word 'got cake?' Laughing

It was handled ok but we have just put this in as a security measure. Remy also installed a plugin that lets us Admins know if someone is using clientsides too, so we can keep an eye on most.

The new server motto is now, 'Got cake?' Laughing
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:34 pm

Flying is still disabled :/ It only lags when using /fly, not when using the Voxelmodpack

You can probably remove /fly from permissions anyway so people with Voxel can fly but no lag-flying

ALSO: I'm starting up a 'new' version of my old server Castalis, called SegmentSpace (Laughing). It's run with Hamachi for easy monitoring, so here are the details:

Network: SegmentNetwork
Password: SegmentSpace

IP: 5.49.0.41

It's not 24/7, so it won't be on all the time unfortunately. However, I have this cool plugin (courtesy of VoxelBox) called VoxelSniper, which is basically an insane version of worldedit, where you can make pandora-like structures in a few clicks.

It's heavily modded, so don't expect great FPS when using VS, but it's a pretty cool map so far. It's creative, but try and make sure your things are good, and not just cube houses or 1-block towers

NOTE: If anyone knows anyone with a server PC that has some free space, refer them to me xD I really need some sort of server to get this thing working to it's best, and I'm NOT paying £20 a-freaking-month

Last edited by MarkyDMan on Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : MarkyDMan......obviously :D
Location : Surfing the web... Awesome Points: 99,453,475,463,208,543 Mood: Inspired

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:36 pm

Trickatel wrote:Trying to create a Hogwarts server with a map I recently found.

I'll keep you updated.

EDIT: It's working: 5.170.226.44

Even incorporated some magic spell plugins to make it more magical Razz

Does the server crash if you type in Voldemort? Razz
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Didzo Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:28 pm

Vago wrote:YES! I love Voxel. Its a bit complicated at first, but once you get the hang of it it works amazing.

Like it says though i wouldn't recommend going over a size 10 brush.

I've experimented quite a bit with voxelsniper on Blackbird's server and I have figured out what it takes to crash a server many times over.

The maximum radius size you can have before the server crashes depends on whether the brush hits the skybox and what material you are using.
Didzo
Didzo
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:20 am

My server doesn't crash when I use VS to make massive things with size 10 brushes, it just lags up like nothing else for a minute before returning to normal
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Location : Surfing the web... Awesome Points: 99,453,475,463,208,543 Mood: Inspired

Back to top Go down

Post by Didzo Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:00 am

MarkyDMan wrote:My server doesn't crash when I use VS to make massive things with size 10 brushes, it just lags up like nothing else for a minute before returning to normal

You need a better server.

Minecraft Servers - Page 7 974544
Didzo
Didzo
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:45 am

Didzo wrote:
MarkyDMan wrote:My server doesn't crash when I use VS to make massive things with size 10 brushes, it just lags up like nothing else for a minute before returning to normal

You need a better server.

Minecraft Servers - Page 7 974544
Hey, not everyone has a fancy mainframe on which to run a Minecraft server Razz
Heck, most people don't have a computer that they run 24/7, either, so...
Jeff
Jeff
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : Jeffrey94

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:51 pm

Hm, thought I'd drop by and just say what's happening over at Remy's server. Basicly...

IT'S BETAPOCALYPSE! Without the release... yeah. Basicly just come and blow stuff up.

It's been quite interesting so far. One of the funniest moments was when Spinus (Azure on MC) came on and saw all the 'greif' he started swearing like nobody's business, asking us why we would do this to the server, telling us we were evil. We explained tonnes, heck there was even an autoannouncer several times while we were explaining it. He then ragequit.
I have some fairly funny screenies of what sort of state the server was left in, so will upload them later too.

But yeah, its being reset today for it to start over again and will be finished sunday. Come indulge your destructive side.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:38 am

Arkanay wrote:
Trickatel wrote:Trying to create a Hogwarts server with a map I recently found.

I'll keep you updated.

EDIT: It's working: 5.170.226.44

Even incorporated some magic spell plugins to make it more magical Razz

Does the server crash if you type in Voldemort? Razz

How did you know?

Server'll be up once I return from holiday.
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

Back to top Go down

Post by Vago Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:42 pm

I just downloaded and checked out that Hogwarts map and I have to say its pretty amazing. It is of course lacking in places but honestly its way better than anything I could have done.
Vago
Vago
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Omnivex

Back to top Go down

Post by Vago Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:42 pm

Stupid internet making me double post.
Vago
Vago
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RemyPas Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:25 pm

Little server updates in the working. I just thought I'd let you know.

Adding RAM to the server to have a guest world. New players life here for a while before they get to the 'real world'
And if the mutli-world feature functions well, we might have some more fun.
Most of the people I have asked prefer 'survival-world' but Skyworld is also an option.

Minecraft Servers - Page 7 Surprise
Minecraft Servers - Page 7 Surprise2

So what would, if we could, be the best option in your opinion.

RemyPas

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:27 pm

I want Skyworld. It offers so many more building options, as after all, this is a creative server. I think it would be awesome.
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male
Spore Name : sjhorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Vago Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:55 am

I'd kind of like to see both of them, but only if thats possible. XD If you can't though I'd say just go with the sky world because I can build floating stuff there. XD
Vago
Vago
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:28 am

MarkyDMan wrote:Remy, I have a SMP world I have been editing with VoxelSniper that you can have as a limited creative world - freedom, but different build permissions (I'd like to oversee it, if you choose to use my map - itd be restricted to a select few so quality is very high - sort of like an elite map).

If you like the idea of a showcase build map, PM me and I'll get you some screenshots of the main Sniped features

It's a really dramatic map XD

MarkyDMan wrote:Showcase world would be a good place for more architecturally minded players to build with space, resources and no worry of having a cube house built next to them xD I'm still building the map, but it'll be big enough to give a player the perfect location for their build.

You could also give people who we (you and me) believe skilled and trustworthy enough VoxelSniper permissions for showcase world. I can definitely use VS, and then maybe 2 more. That'd mean if someone wanted to make a cliffside mansion, they ask a sniper to build a cliff!

Of course, no sniping permission in any other world however, and no MAJOR changes.

Just an idea of what I had in mind for a showcase world Smile

My idea
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:44 am

Thats a nice idea Marky. Although I can see things getting a but... 'Aww why can't I build like that... Aren't i good enough?' and so on. I could imagine somthing like that being extremley cool looking though Smile

Like Omni, I'd love both but obviously that will be a little resource overloading. The sky world is certainly tempting, I loved the terrain and had some ideas already for what I'd like to build there. I also really like the idea of survival world, mainly because I think it would be really funny playing that mode co-op.

I could see the novelty wearing off after a while though. Like others have said too, it's a creative server. However diversity is always a good thing. Im not really being much help here, because I like both aspects... But that's my two cents.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:52 am

I reckon my idea coud work if a new rank - builder - was introduced. Then it wouldn't be so "I'm a citizen, so is he, why is he allowed and me not?".

I'd also take the blame for hand-picking builders - I'd be the one to answer to the "why"s
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RemyPas Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:52 pm

Many discussions later, on the server with the players and between modmins, the decision is..... Survivalworld first. The mainworld is the creative world. So we got that covered.
After having set up Guestworld and learning a lot by trial and error (rank lost, accidental wrong spawning etc. etc.) we got it fully operational and working.
So we set out for the creation of Survivalworld. A rather epic seed was used, if I may say so myself. But you'll see for yourself.

I think I have survival world figured out just right.

This is how things will work on the server from now on:
Monsters don't spawn in mainworld or guestworld. But they do in survivalworld. I have multiinv plugin, so you can't take you inventory from one world to the other. E.g. You have seperate inventories in the seperate worlds. But citizens can /kit in Guestworld to help out guests when there are no Modmins on.
You start out as guest in the guest world, only citizens can go through the portals to main. So only citizens there. From main world there will be a portal to survival world. Once a citizen gets into survival the rank changes to Survival. No spawning, god, warp, nothing. Just basic minecraft with the ability to set home there (yes red/orb, I decided to put it in;))
Moderators can see if you are in survival by your displayname in the chatwindow. So no accidental giving items to people there.

If players decide to form teams or not is up to the players themselves. I'm not gonna set rules inside Survival except that fighting and killing is forbidden in the main spawn city there. I will construct a safe zone there, in which people are safe. Go outside it and you're on your own. (or in a team if you decide to form one)

Survival world will go live this Saturday and be open to citizens 24/7 as is the rest of the server.

Many thanks to all players, and modmins, who helped thinking this out in the last week.

RemyPas

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:03 am

I was actually liking survival before all the morons decided to spawn kill me. They all sat at the end of the stairs and killed people that came off them.

Then, when you have no items, they kill you again. It really sucks. I had tons of iron and coal from mining, but now it's all gone thanks to the couple of idiots that want to ruin it for everybody.
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:32 am

Vago wrote:I just downloaded and checked out that Hogwarts map and I have to say its pretty amazing. It is of course lacking in places but honestly its way better than anything I could have done.

And with the plug-ins I have it's great fun, we'll have to build the missing pieces ourselves, but we could pretend that we're repairing the castle after the Battle of Hogwarts Razz

There will be a Sorting Hat and something similar to brooms Razz
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

Back to top Go down

Post by Drew980 Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:42 pm

I extremely recommend sporemasterblackbirds minecraft server visit it sometime.

It is survival.

There are many plugins to keep it fresh and not old.

We have some really good architects.

And Didzo too. Razz

IP:

Server site:

http://blackbirdor.blogspot.com/

Drew980
Drew980
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:52 pm

Since we can have teams in Remys survival mode, I thought I'd get the ball rolling and start a team up on here Smile

Team Name: Bandidos
Team leader: MarkyDMan
Co-Leader:
Members:

Ethos: We are a team that aim to build bigger, better, and generally more awesome stuff than anyone else. We leave other teams alone, except if they begin attacking us, in which case our arsenal is unleashed Very Happy The main project of the Bandidos is to build a fortified clubhouse, with large yet subtle walls, a main clubhouse with activities such as tennis, swimming and competing in archery competitions to win a prize.

Underneath will be lots of secret stuff including mission control for a missile silo (to be added later) and also accomodation for members of the bandidos and some guest accomodation for members of other teams that need somewhere to rest overnight.

Requirements:
-Decent grasp of the english language
-Above average building skills (self-judged - be honest)
-A skin with a poncho on it, or something relating to mexico Very Happy

So yeah, this is the Bandidos. Apply away Very Happy No need for a form, just say you want to join
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:18 pm

RemyPas wrote:

Just basic minecraft with the ability to set home there (yes red/orb, I decided to put it in;))

Many thanks to all players, and modmins, who helped thinking this out in the last week.

It's proving useful and has kept rage to a minimum, lol. Still, some people find it funny to run up, kill and tp home. If I find their house... Twisted Evil

Also, thanks to you Remy for setting it all up!

sjhorm wrote:I was actually liking survival before all the morons decided to spawn kill me. They all sat at the end of the stairs and killed people that came off them.

Then, when you have no items, they kill you again. It really sucks. I had tons of iron and coal from mining, but now it's all gone thanks to the couple of idiots that want to ruin it for everybody.

Lol who was that...? We can add them to our list Wink Unless it was one of us, in which case, oops.

You missed it last night, there was some epic looting going on. Irish decided to ask if he could 'be on someones team' Sensei said yes and showed him around a resource rich area they had built. He msg'd me the Co-ords and I lay in wait.

Luckily there was a huge amount of cobble which, as you know, we need atm and a fair amount of food. Sen didnt even realise what I was doing and said he would put me 'in charge' of the town Laughing I even burnt some of the wooden town hall in front of him and he blamed it on Thor because he saw him trying to set fire to a sheep!

Finally he realised what was going on, so we finished the job and left him to sort it out XD Luckily no hard feelings apart from a few friendly threats from Sen, which I'm not worried about in the slightest. It's good in a way that people aren't raging too hard over it all. I fully expect it to happen to us sooner or later too. I say, bring it.

@Mark:

Lol banditos. Had I not got a team already I'd be there, just for the Poncho. It's interesting what teams have formed, I think it could get very interesting... I guess you'll see Wink
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:10 pm

What team are you in? There should be a list or something Razz

Bandidos

It's actually a common mistake I nearly made too xD Banditos means nothing in spanish, but bandidos is bandits
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:28 pm

We're the Mob. We bust peoples kneecaps.
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next